Videographers - Dantana Smith
- Business: Cultivating Perception
- Location: Louisville, Kentucky KY
- Experience: 4 Years
- Profile: Cultivating Perception
- Website: www.cultivatingperception.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello! My name is Dantana Smith! I’ve always had a love for cameras and videography but it wasn’t until I was the best man in my brothers wedding that I realized I could really do wedding videography full time. I made a video for them on my cellphone showing the full wedding as much as I could considering I was in the wedding, behind the scene clips, reception etc. I edited the video and the newlyweds said they loved it. A few days later I went to best buy and purchased my first camera and I haven’t looked back since.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
Ive been filming since 2018 with 48wedding under my belt.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
I want to always be able to tell a love story when I shoot wedding videos. They are most memorable and touching to the newlyweds and their families. I consult with my clients and we discuss their ideas and I give them feedback. I learn what they like and dislike and from there is when we build our own personal relationship and I’m able to give them the video they’ve dreamed about. Every couple is different so I always want to ensure I’m able to meet each clients specific needs beyond my particular “style”. If I had to choose one word to describe my style it would be versatile
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
The sooner the better! This is because I want to ensure we are a good fit for each other and also to guarantee your wedding date is available. The later you wait to book its more likely that I will already be booked.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I have 3 base packages that I start off with that include 6 hours, 8 hours, and 12 hours of filming. I like to consult with clients first to see their ideas and we talk through every detail they want captured. Once we get an understanding and we both agree that I am a good fit to film their wedding we narrow the best suitable package.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
Yes every wedding that I book I am at the wedding filming. I have one assistant with me at all times. On average we use 4 cameras. I hold one, my assistant holds one, and we set up 2 tripods with cameras on them. Depending on the wedding venue size I may have to hire a drone pilot to get aerial shots during the ceremony.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Yes, I do charge a travel fee if the venue is 30 miles or more from downtown Louisville. I charge $.50 per mile starting on the 31st mile.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
My camera has multiple SD card slots just incase one of them fails. Once I leave a wedding I load the footage onto a external hard drive and back it up on a secondary hard drive. After the date of a wedding I keep the footage for six months to ensure the client has everything that they need and/or for the client to download the footage.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
On average I quote an 8-10 week turnaround time. Typically the client will receive their edited video before then, but depending on the amount of bookings I have I like to give them that allotted timeframe to ensure they receive their footage in a timely manner. My choice of delivery is dropbox because it is one of the most efficient, popular, and user friendly websites available on the market. Using dropbox, the client can download their file(s) up to 6 months and be able to access their footage anytime they want.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
I require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the clients total cost. If the client cancels within 72 hours of their wedding date, no further money is due. If the client cancels two (2) days before the wedding full payment is required. I do allow for one (1) date change with no additional fees to be added. If I have to cancel for a very rare reason ex:( if im sick, or get into a car accident and can’t perform my required duties) full refund will be paid within 30 day’s.