1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I'm Laura Watkins, owner of Pure Salon Spa - an award winning Aveda salon and spa located on Bardstown Road in Louisville, KY.
I opened Pure in 2008 and we have been going strong ever since. We have been ranked among the top 200 salons/spas in North America since 2011 and we're on a mission to create an excellent experience and overall well-being for all we serve.
We have a talented team of beauty experts that are eager to get you ready for your special day using products from our world class brand partner, Aveda. Each of our staff spends several hours every year to keep their skills up to date and learn new trends in all aspects of beauty and we have certain hairstylists who have expressed an interest in formal and bridal styling that we include on our "bridal team".
We appreciate any opportunity to get to know you and what you're looking for to make your wedding day complete.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
Our team consists of several hairstylists and makeup artists that have expressed an interest in special occasion/formal/bridal hairstyling and makeup. In the last 13 years that we've been in business, we've done hair and makeup for countless brides, many of whom continue to visit us after their wedding.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We customize a bridal package for each bride and bridal party depending on their needs. We have a bridal coordinator on staff that meets with each bride to determine hair and makeup needs for the day of the wedding and any services needed leading up to the wedding to get ready.
We do a trial appointment prior to the wedding for both hair and makeup to ensure that a perfect look is achieved on the day of the wedding for all of our brides. A trial run for bridal hair is $80 and $100 the day of the wedding, while a trial run for makeup is $65 and $75 the day of the wedding.
Makeup services for the bridal party range from $35-$55 depending on the provider you see and formal styles for the rest of your bridal party are $50 and up depending on the provider you see. Additional charges may apply if your hair is extremely thick, course or curly and takes longer to style than what our standard time for the service is.
We can do your services at our location or we do travel to your location for a fee of $150 per provider that comes to do services. All of these details are coordinated with our bridal coordinator and she is your point of contact for everything.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
The size of the team for the wedding day will depend on the needs, time allowed and nature of the services for the bride and bridal party. In cases of emergency, we have several providers able to offer hair and makeup services so if someone is sick we can pivot quickly and still take care of everything without missing a beat or causing the bride additional stress.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We charge a $150 travel fee for each provider who travels to your location within 30 miles of Louisville. This covers the cost of bringing the products/tools to you and the time it takes our providers to travel to and from the location.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes, we encourage all of our brides to set up a trial appointment before the wedding day.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use Aveda products and would be open to the bride using her own makeup.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
It is important to start a makeup application by prepping the skin correctly before applying and setting the makeup application when finished to make it last longer.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup application takes about an hour - same for hair.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
• All Prices are subject to change unless full payment is received at time of booking
• A 48 hour notice is required to avoid a cancellation penalty. All services will be charged 48 hours before Wedding date. If you no show your appointments, 100% charge will be made.
• For the comfort and relaxation of our guests we ask that only the members of the bridal party having services accompany the bride. In situations where only the bride is receiving services, we ask that only one other person accompany her for support. Due to the intimate nature of the salon, any other extra members may be asked to leave. Please do not bring children who are not receiving services to the salon.
• Services for Bride and Bridal Party are not subject to discounts or any special offers.
• A 20% Gratuity is added to all bridal parties.