Videographers - Michael Hennings
- Business: Omaha Video Solutions
- Location: Omaha, Nebraska NE
- Experience: 10 Years
- Profile: Omaha Video Solutions
- Website: prairiedustweddingfilms.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Oh hi there, I'm Michael!
I started Prairie Dust Wedding Films in 2017 with the goal of being a boutique studio that focuses on intimacy. As I write this, I've got 10 years in the wedding industry, and I've worked with close to 300 couples! I'm a really positive person, and I love engaging with people, having fun, helping others let loose, and capturing authentic moments.
The biggest thing that draws me to weddings is the excitement of the day, the creativity that goes into a day, the personal touches of the individuals who are sharing their love with the world, and the thrill of capturing a moment as it's unfolding before you. I also love the challenge of cinematically capturing a live event, and the art that goes into crafting each unique story for my couples.
I was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, and Prairie Dust is really about a love for the Midwest and its people. I'm a huge dork, I like to ride bikes, drink coffee and whiskey, and laugh loudly. Your photographer and I are your spirit guides for the day, and I can't wait to come along for the ride with you.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
I've been filming weddings since 2011, and I've filmed close to 300!
3. How would you describe your videography style?
Cinematic, intimate, authentic, colorful.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
If you have someone specific in mind (like us), you should book as soon as you can! Creatives can't duplicate themselves to be in more than one place at a time. Typically, in Nebraska, 9-15 months is the normal window for videography.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer Standard, Deluxe, and Premiere Wedding Films, as well as Love Stories, Same-Day Edits, Documentary Coverage, and even a HALO photo booth! Our most popular package is the Deluxe Wedding Film.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
Michael is the principal videographer at Prairie Dust Wedding FIlms, so he'll always be the default lead. You can book packages with 1, 2, or 3 videographers, however, and the extra production value and camera angles help us really up our game on cinematography! Ask about the Deluxe & Premiere packages to find out more.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We love to travel! Typically, we cover anything within 60 miles of our home base at no charge. We may request hotel accommodations and mileage beyond that if there is more than 120 miles (round trip) of travel depending on coverage. For long-distance travel, we ask that the client pay for mileage/flights, lodging, and a meal/incidental fee to help cover our expenses.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
We have a multi-drive, multi-site backup for all active projects. For projects where the client has received the final deliverable, we guarantee backup for 3 additional months. We typically keep footage indefinitely after that and make it available for a recall fee, if necessary.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
Typically turnaround time is 2-4 months for a wedding film. We'll host the video for you on Vimeo, Facebook, & Instagram, and also make your final edits available by a wedding flash drive or download link -- whichever you prefer!
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Upon the client's signature & receipt of deposits, the wedding date will be reserved for the necessary personnel, equipment, and resources. Deposits will not be refunded for any reason.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing. In the event that the client cancels for any reason, payments already made to Prairie Dust Wedding Films beyond the non-refundable deposit(s) may be refunded at our discretion if the cancellation is made at least 30 days before the wedding date. If the wedding is rescheduled due to pandemic, the deposit may be applied to another available date. If the vendor is not available for that date, the client is eligible for a 50% refund. Otherwise, no refunds will be made.