1. Introduction: What's your story?
Creating and running this company is less of a job and more of a love interest for me. Weddings are my favorite. Period. Planning, organizing, and taking care of business is just simply the way I function. The marriage (excuse the pun) of these two loves is how Details Wedding Planning came to be. I planned my first charity fundraising event at 16 - a dodgeball tournament of all things- and never really stopped. I planned events for various organizations all throughout college and grad school, and when the time came for me to really pause and think about what direction I wanted to take my life, I knew I wanted to plan weddings. Now here we are, in our seventh year of business and still growing!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Before I started Details Wedding Planning, I served as a wedding coordinator when friends and family asked if I could "help out" on wedding days. While I became a certified wedding planner when I first started the company, that first hand experience I gained those early days of "helping out" taught me more than any class. Since starting the company, we now have over one hundred weddings under our belt.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer everything from wedding coordination services (packages start 60 days out from the wedding day), a middle tiered partial planning service, to full service wedding planning. If one of our three main packages doesn't fit, we will happily customize a contract so that clients get what they need.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We charge a flat fee for wedding planning. Between our three main package offerings: wedding coordination, partial wedding planning, and full service planning, we see a pretty even split when it comes to what we typically book.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We have a team of three wedding planners and coordinators who serve as leads on wedding days. We also have an amazing group of assistants. On wedding days, leads are present all day, and assistants are on site typically from setup through any last main activities during the reception.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Knock on wood- so far the only times we've had to find replacements were WELL in advance for things like, maternity leave! First, if there's an emergency, this is why we always have an assist at the wedding (even at smaller events). Our assistants have been with us for years and are amazing- you will never be alone on the wedding day! Having three leads helps us with the issue of sicknesses, maternity leaves, family emergencies, etc. We are able to assign the day to someone else to the wedding day if needed. And as yet another backup option, we consider ourselves very lucky to be a part of a supportive group of area wedding planners who help each other out when necessary.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
We don't have a maximum or minimum number of meetings. We meet with you until you feel comfortable regarding your wedding day. With wedding coordination services, this typically takes two meetings, but if another is needed, that's ok. With full service planning, we meet A LOT more as we work through vendor consults, tastings, scheduling, and venue walkthroughs. With our services, no matter the level, couples are always the decision makers. We will let couples know what we've seen work, if we have any fun ideas, or if we think we see an issue with something they've considered, but ultimately- it's not our wedding. We're here to help couples put together the BEST DAY for them, and that's going to look different for everyone.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Invitation services differ from package to package and is also based on personal preference.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We coordinate all timing/logistics for the wedding day no matter the package! When it comes to booking vendors, the type of package you have will determine the level that we're involved.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Our timelines are thorough and all-inclusive of everyone involved in the wedding day. Bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, vendors, etc. all get a copy of the timeline so they know where they need to be and when. We make sure things go according to schedule by speaking with each vendor specifically so that we know the timeline we developed is achievable. We also help keep things on schedule by being in constant contact with all the vendors throughout the day, and with the wedding party when necessary.