1. Introduction: What's your story?
Amanda, the passionate and creative force behind HoneyDew Films, has been capturing the unforgettable moments of couples' special days for over a decade. Born and raised in NC, she developed a love for storytelling at a young age, which eventually led her to pursue Film and Television Production. After graduation, Amanda's unwavering dedication and natural talent in the field led her to establish HoneyDew Films.
As the co-owner of HoneyDew Films, Amanda is committed to providing exceptional wedding videography services that celebrate the unique love stories of her clients. Her keen eye for detail and innate ability to anticipate and capture the most heartfelt moments have earned her rave reviews from countless satisfied couples. Amanda's artistic flair and cinematic storytelling style create films that beautifully preserve the essence of each wedding day, allowing couples to relive the magic of their celebration for years to come.
When Amanda isn't behind the camera or meticulously editing footage, she enjoys exploring the beautiful outdoors of North Carolina, experimenting with photography, and spending quality time with her family and friends. Her love for life and passion for her craft shines through in every project, making HoneyDew Films a top choice for couples seeking a truly memorable wedding videography experience.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
We have been filming weddings for 13 years and captured over 500 beautiful wedding days.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
We prefer to create a story that is true to our couples. Our style is very documentary focused, with a touch of creative flare to ensure that we not only create a beautiful wedding video but also fully document your events from beginning to end.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
Typically our couples book about 6 months in advance to allow for the appropriate budget and time to plan for our services.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer several choices of coverage and final films. Our packages range from just 7 hours of coverage with a highlight film up to 10 hours of coverage with a feature-style film. Couples love both films and tend to gravitate towards one or the other depending on their preferences.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
We have several videographers who we have professionally trained to be a part of capturing your wedding day. They will bring along 2 videographers and 3 cameras to ensure your day is fully captured.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We do not charge travel within 50 miles, however beyond that radius, it costs depending on distance and whether or not a hotel stay will be needed.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
We have a professionally built server with hundreds of Terabytes of storage space. This server allows for several hard drive failures before data is ever lost. In addition to this server we have SSD drives that keep you footage extra safe while we work on editing your project.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
Typically 2-4 months depending on the time of year and how busy we currently are.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We require a 50% retainer and if canceled, this retainer is non-refundable. The retainer can be applied to a future date.