1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello! I am Krystina Stefani, owner of Krystina Lynn Wedding and Event Design. At a young age I worked behind the screens of the event industry where I learned all the little details that make an event special. After many years of working for several different businesses I soon learned that I not only had a talent for planning but a passion. This passion for planning and design grew stronger with every successful event I was involved with. In 2012, I decided to follow my dream of becoming an entrepreneur and start Krystina Lynn Wedding & Event Design.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
My experience as a wedding planner has been one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had. Taking my clients ideas and dreams and turning it into a reality is what drives my passion. Before the reception starts, I walk my clients through the room. Seeing their reaction to all the hard work we put in all those months is truly special. The pure joy and happiness they show in that moment solidifies why I am a planner. Krystina Lynn Wedding and Event Design has planned and executed over 100+ wedding and events of sizes of 10- 500 people across Michigan.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Krystina Lynn Wedding and Event Design offers full planning, partial planning, and month of coordination. We customize all of our services to meet the needs of our clients. Whether they are coming to us at the very beginning looking for full-service planning, design assistants, help managing the details big or small, support during the planning, or just to have someone the final month to help with lose ends, our main goal is that our clients feel stress free and enjoy their day.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our packages are based on a flat fee and payments are broken into monthly payments. This fee is based on what support they need during planning, location, size, lead time, and staffing needed. Most of our clients are full planning, but our month of coordination is becoming more popular with couples.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I am the owner and principal planner for all of our clients. I have a part time assistant that helps me with all our clients. Whether it is assisting in the planning meetings, taking notes, or helping with prep behind the scenes. The day-of, depending on the size of the wedding I have a great crew for set up, coordinating, and teardown. There is always an assistant with me on-site to help with managing the many details of the day.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
We make sure to with every client we have a backup plan and are fully ready for any illness or emergencies. So whether I am there or not, our clients are getting the same level of service that would be provide with me there.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
This will vary with each client and level of involvement they wish to have. Typically for full planning we meet twice a month. This also depends where they are in the planning process and lead time. We also communicate with them daily through phone and email. This works best with our clients that schedules do not allow for in person meetings.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We work with our amazing vendors that create beautiful invitations. Whether it is a calligrapher or graphic designer, we work with them on wording, details, and design for the invitations. We will help our full planning clients put the invitation pieces together, stuff envelopes, and get them to the post office.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We handle all details of the day. This includes rents, custom timeline for the day, and managing vendors arrival times. We work with our vendors on logistics, arrival times, delivery and pickup weeks in advance to ensure the day runs smooth. We want our clients to feel at peace so that they can enjoy their day. It goes by fast and we want them to enjoy the whole day stress free.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We create a custom detailed timeline that includes vendors and wedding party details. This timeline is completed and sent to all vendors involved to make sure that all times are correct or if anything needs to be adjusted. We work along side our vendors to make sure that we stick to the timeline as best as we can. We remind the clients that this is a live event and that we make sure the flow of the day is as close to the schedule as possible.