1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi I’m Ericka Renee, founder and lead planner at Color Me Fancy Events. I fell in love with all things wedding related in 2013 and decided to take a wedding planning course. After becoming certified, I knew that this was my calling. I develop a great working relationship with all of my clients while providing with with the best wedding planning experience. I meet with my clients 3-5 times before their big day and keep in contact during the planning process sending emails an text updates. The day-of the wedding my dedicated team are on site to help create and coordinate a flawless ceremony and reception. We smile, we cry and laugh as we get to witness a new chapter in our clients love story.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Operating mainly during the peak of wedding season we've successfully planned a little of 35 weddings.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Month- of Coordination
Design & Decorate Services
Month- of Coordination with Design & Decorate Services
Private Live Hosting
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our most popular package:
Month- of Coordination with Design and Decorate Services.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
My team consist of:
Myself- Lead Planner
1- Setup Manager
3- Setup Techs
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I work very closely with my event manager who is able to take my place in the event I am able to work the day of the wedding.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Typically, I scheduled as many as 5 in-person meetings with my clients to manage monthly to-do's, to do ice breakers and play pre-wedding games. Some clients prefer to be hands on and others just want to show up and be wowed, my team and I are good either way.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Our clients select their wedding invitations and depending on the package they book they have the option to send invitations and track RSVPs.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We create a day-of timeline and distribute to all vendors to ensure everyone knows their expected arrival/ setup times and locations. My team is there the day-of to assist all the vendors as needed.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
I work with my couple to choose a start and end time, once we have those times we plan out the rest of the details. I email the wedding day timeline to all my client's vendors, I provide a copy for them the day of and I carry a master timeline with my watch to make sure we keep the scheduling moving. It's common to be thrown off schedule but, no worries we always catch back up with the timeline.