Planner - Sandy Brooks
- Business: Timeless Event Planning
- Location: Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts MA
- Experience: 8 Years
- Profile: Timeless Event Planning
- Website: timelesseventplanning.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
My appetite for detailed beautiful events was honed in Martha’s Vineyard working at The Harbor View as their event coordinator. There, I learned the calm and poise, skill in planning, attention to detail, and hard work it takes to create a flawless, memorable event. I also worked at Bright Party Rentals, San Diego Style Weddings Magazine, and a few other companies in between. Before starting my business, I wanted to get a little taste of what each vendor's job entailed. It was important to me to learn all the basic fundamentals about building an event, not just learning how to make a place setting look pretty. I wanted to learn how to set up a tent and be out in the field taking notes on how to create my future client's dream weddings. This may sound a little extra, but having all this knowledge helped my company grow so quickly.
I opened my first location in 2015 in San Diego, California. I remember my first day at work, I made a collage of all my dreams and goals for Timeless, which I hung up above my desk. Each morning I would sip my coffee and “get after it”. My first year was a hit, and that’s when I knew I had found my dream career.
Little did I know that only a few years later, I would open a location in San Francisco and eventually Martha’s Vineyard. It was crazy to think that my little business started as just a collage hanging above my desk. I was known as the bi-coastal wedding planner living my best life.
However, in 2020, when the pandemic hit, we needed to change our business model. We decided to leave the West Coast and move to Martha’s Vineyard full time. At first, I was devastated, thinking that everything we created was about to change drastically, but I can confidently say everything happened for a reason.
I couldn’t be happier living on this island and having my family so close. My sister, Samantha, has even joined our team as our social media manager and day of assistant. You will also see my parents helping out from time to time as they always love seeing that we have created. Creating and designing the most stunning weddings on Martha’s Vineyard is a complete dream come true.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
We have been planning weddings since 2014 on Martha's Vineyard! We have planned over 120+ weddings and over 75" events
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Full planning and Design
Depending on the time of year partial planning
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our most popular is full planning. Since most of our clients do not live on the island it's easier for them to hire someone that lives there full time and knows all the vendors.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
3-5 depending on the size and details
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
All of our girls are trained to run events on their own!
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
We have 12 hours of planning meetings with our couples. This does not include phone/ email.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Yes we handle wording, design and help with RSVP. We do not assemble and mail as our stationery designers offer this service.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes!! We handle all those deatils along with the diagram.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes, we make a vendor timeline and wedding party timeline along with family timelines.
We are in constant communication with everyone and are onsite from 9am- 11pm to make sure everything happens on time.