Videographers - Ashlee Vroom
- Business: Still Water Wedding Films
- Location: New Bedford, Massachusetts MA
- Experience: 10 Years
- Profile: Still Water Wedding Films
- Website: stillwaterweddingfilms.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hey! My name is Ashlee, and I am the owner of Still Water Wedding Films based in New Bedford, MA. I started freelancing for a few different wedding filmmaking companies in 2011 when I graduated from NEIT while working full-time at various jobs.
In 2017 I began Still Water after discussing with my husband about wanting to pursue video full-time. So in August 2017, I quit my career as a pharmacy tech and dove headfirst into wedding videography.
I love everything there is to love about wedding filmmaking. I love capturing all the special moments of the day in motion. I ALWAYS say photos are a great way to capture snapshots of the day, but you can't relive the day that way through them. You can't hear your Best Man or Maid of Honor's speech over and over. You can't get the same emotion with photos as you can with video because video has something photos do not... audio!
My favorite thing to capture other than the ceremony is the parent dances. Especially the father-daughter dance because not too long ago, I thought I would never have that moment myself. Having that captured in my wedding film is something I cherish and will forever.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
I started filming weddings part-time in 2011. As of 2017, I started filming weddings full-time. I have shot over 150 weddings in the past 10 years but with my company I have shot over 100 of those!
3. How would you describe your videography style?
I like to describe my filmmaking style as a fly on the wall. I capture all the moments of the day while trying not to be a distraction. I record as they happen. The only time I would ask for any poses would be at the end of the portrait session, where I will spend 5 minutes or so getting shots of you and your partner interacting.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
I highly recommend booking sooner rather than later. Most couples book about 6 months out, but if you are set on having a certain videographer reach out as soon as possible!
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer 3 Collections, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The most popular is the Gold Collection. It includes 8 hours of video coverage, a 10-15 minute highlight of the day, and a ceremony edit.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
The layout of the day depends on how many filmmakers you get. I will always attend your wedding as the lead, but there might be certain days when I bring help. During getting ready, I will have one camera, ceremony I will have up to 4, and the reception will be 2-3. That way, I have multiple angles to choose from throughout the day.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
There is no travel fee! Its included in the cost of your package!
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
When I get home from your day, I back up your footage 4 times. Your wedding day is saved on 2 backup drives, my editing drive and to my google drive. This protects your footage from a multitude of drive failures. I also do not delete any footage of the SD cards until I finish your wedding. Once your footage is edited I save the project file to one of the backup drives and the cloud, and I keep that forever. I don't believe memories should be deleted.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
It takes 3-6 months to deliver your film(s). The actual turnaround time depends on the time of year. Once I finish your highlight, I will send you a link through vimeo.com that you can share with family and friends on social. Once I finish your collection, I send you a link to download your finished films. Each of my couples has their own page on my website that is password protected that they can download their collection from.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
If a client decides to cancel their wedding, their retainer will not be refunded.