1. Introduction: What's your story?
City & Terrace Events is a luxury wedding planning, design, and destination management company. To our team, it is never "just" a party. To build an event is to build an experience. It is about making a feeling come to life and delivering something that reflects personality and brand.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
We are proud to be wedding and event industry experts with fifteen years of experience planning weddings and destination celebrations in New York City and around the world. Our planning approach is both collaborative and customized at every step of the way. We strive to weave in unmatched attention to detail, organic style, and organizational zen for even the most complex logistics.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
All City & Terrace service offerings are customized to fit the unique needs of your celebration. Almost all signature and add-on services can be offered a la carte or combined to create flat-rate packages. Our services include the following:
Initial Consultations & Planning
Wedding Venue Sourcing & Booking
Wedding Design & Concept Planning
Budget & Logistics Planning
Contract Negotiation Support
Vendor Sourcing & Management
Layout & Seating Chart Planning
Venue Setup & Inventory Management
Travel & Hotel Block Management
Group Transportation Planning
Day-Of Wedding Coordination
Invitations & RSVP Management
Wedding Website Design
Engagement Party Planning
Bachelor & Bachelorette Planning
Bridal & Wedding Shower Planning
Rehearsal Dinner Planning
Custom Guest Gifts
Guest Travel & Lodging Support
Small Group Activities
Print Item Sourcing & Design
For more information, visit https://www.cityandterrace.com/services.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We know that choosing a wedding planner is a big decision. Not only do you need to find a wedding planner you enjoy, but one that you can trust with your vision and is capable of seamlessly managing your full wedding day.
All City & Terrace services can be offered at either a la carte or customized flat rates. All price points are set based on the unique needs of each of our clients and their respective weddings.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Lauren Luberger owns City & Terrace Events. She has over fifteen years of special event experience, planning within the wedding, fine arts, celebrity, and corporate spaces globally. Lauren is known for her attention to detail, organic style, and ability to seamlessly devise logistics for even the most complex productions.
Lauren founded City & Terrace to help others bring their biggest days and celebrations to life. She sets herself apart with an immaculate ability to pinpoint wow-worthy venues, design, levels of service, and personal, thoughtful touches along the way.
In addition to Lauren, Ryan Nagle is the Executive Director at City & Terrace. Ryan Nagle has been Lauren’s right-hand person in life and events for over ten years. Ryan’s special events background is unconventional, and this developed his keen sense of service and production management. Ryan is a senior leader in the client service and project management spaces. His skill set is geared to ensure that every piece of an event moves forward and City & Terrace delivers unforgettable celebrations.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
City and Terrace is proud to have relationships with fellow event planners and vendors in NYC and other major cities across the world. If something were to happen on the day of your wedding, we would not let you down. Although rare, our team works closely with our clients in events of emergency to ensure that alternatives or replacements are arranged.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
It is not our style to limit communication with our clients, and we do not restrict email correspondence. In between, milestone meetings are planned based on the unique needs of each of our clients.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Yes, we offer invitation production from start to finish in addition to RSVP management. This is one of our many services involvement print items and logistics planning.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, these are services that we offer.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes! Managing the schedule and ensuring that it unfolds on the day of your wedding is a bit of an artform, but that is what wedding planning is all about. We work closely with all of our couples to ensure that they feel great about the planning process, the timetable for their wedding day, and we also meet with all important parties (vendors, wedding parties, family members, etc.) to make sure that they understand and are comfortable too.