1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi! My name is Jade Robinson, founder and lead event specialist for J.R. Events Inc. Our journey began in 2008 planning events and activities for non-profit organizations. As we began to grow in the event industry, requests for our assistance with weddings started in 2015. Now we love working with our couples full time!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Our team has been planning and coordinating weddings since 2015. We average about 70 weddings per year.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We provide day/month-of coordination, full-service planning, and the following à la carte planning services: wedding timeline creation, honeymoon planning, Do-It-Yourself (DIY) decor assistance/setup. Additionally, we are partnered with our sister company All About You Staffing to provide additional event staff (bartenders, servers, and more!).
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We provide our clients with flat-rate package options. The initial retainer is due at the time of the reservation to guarantee wedding services. All balances are due at least five weeks prior to the wedding date. For partial or full planning services a customized payment schedule will be created. Planning begins when the initial retainer is received.
Our most popular package is the month-of-coordination. We connect with a lot of brides who enjoy our service because they have planned everything and we will execute their vision according to their wishes.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We have a total of 5 lead coordinators and 12 wedding assistants. Each wedding has at least 2 staff members within the starting rate, however, depending on our client needs a 3rd or 4th staff member will be added for an additional fee. The additional staff members can assist with complex DIY setup, assist with guestbook polaroid stations, and more!
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Our staff never takes more than 3 weddings per day to ensure we have backup coverage for the other weddings. We have staff members on standby to ensure we can always provide wedding day coverage.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
The meeting count depends on the package selected. For the Month of Wedding Coordination, we provide a venue walk-thru meeting approx 3 weeks prior, attend the ceremony rehearsal, and the wedding day. For additional planning services, we offer anywhere from 3 to 6 in-person meetings, unlimited email/text question assistance, and up to 5 30min virtual meetings.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Invitations and managing RSVPs are offered as an upgrade service.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We handle all vendor management in all of our packages.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Our specialty is managing your special day. Each vendor and wedding party member will receive a tailored wedding timeline. We provide direction and foresight to ensure all parties have a clear picture of where they are supposed to be at all times.