1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, my name is Kristi and I am the founder of Everlasting Events. I have always enjoyed parties, people, and been incredibly organized and detail oriented. My path into the wedding industry officially began in 2008 when I took a wedding planning course. I went on to work for a talented event planner and eventually opened my own company. I’m still amazed that I get to help people plan one of the most important days of their lives for a living! I am blessed to work with amazing couples and talented vendors that often become friends.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I can’t tell you the exact number of weddings that I have planned. I have lost track over the past 12 years. I can tell you that I learned something from each couple. Every couple and their love story is wonderfully unique. I enjoy getting to know their story and the things that they are passionate about. I want those to shine through on their wedding day.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer full service planning, partial planing, month-of coordination, and custom packages. We also offer an all inclusive ceremony package.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We charge flat fees. We offer full service planning, month-of coordination, and everything in between. Our partial planning package is the most popular. It’s great for the couple that has an interest in planning but would also like a professional to guide them along the way.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I have an associate planner as well as several assistants. Each wedding will have at least one lead planner and one assistant. Depending on the wedding package, number of guests, and locations there may be three or more planners on site.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
My associate or one of my assistants would take over for me. I keep all of my clients wedding details up to date so they could step in at a moments notice. Luckily I haven’t been in this position yet.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
The number of meetings and involvement depends on if they are full service, partial, or month-of clients. Each package is unique. All couples receive my list of vetted vendors. Full service and partial planning clients receive personal recommendations based on their budget, style, and even personality.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Our level of involvement depends on the package chosen. An invitation is the first thing your guest sees so we like to make sure it is cohesive with the rest of the wedding. We of course are also here to offer wording advice. Most of our couples handle their own RSVPs.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, believe it or not, rentals are one of my favorite things. I love suggesting tabletop, linens, lounge items, and all the things in between. We often have a meeting at the rental company to see everything in person. Some of my clients enjoy doing a mock up before ordering. I also coordinate delivery, arrival, set up and other details with all of the vendors.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes, I create a very detailed timeline for the wedding day. Everyone receives a copy ahead of time. On the day of the wedding, I work together with my assistants and other vendors to keep everything running on schedule.