Videographers - Stepheny Keith
- Business: Black Sheep Filmworks
- Location: Tucson, Arizona AZ
- Experience: 29 Years
- Profile: Black Sheep Filmworks
- Website: blacksheepfilmworks.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
MEET STEPHENY KEITH.
* Mastermind/Creator/Emotional Heartbeat of Black Sheep Filmworks
Had huge hair in the 80’s
* Is married to a hunky Englishman
* Usually wins at Trivial Pursuit
* Loves her Cattle Dog, Tucker...aka "Velcro dog"
* Ultimate dream job: Filmmaker Sommelier
* Favorite places: Willow Canyon, AZ, London at Christmas time, The American
* Wing at the Met, EATaly or In-and-Out (drive thru)
Since it’s inception in 1992, Black Sheep Filmworks has continually stood out from the flock, with Stepheny Keith at its helm. After graduating from the University of Arizona with a BFA in Media Arts, Stepheny moved to LA. There she worked on feature films, cable network news and for the GAP in Studio Services. But working for corporate America was just not where she wanted to be. She created Black Sheep Video (now Filmworks) and set out to become a high end boutique filmmaker. She achieved this goal
within 3 years, and has maintained it for over 20 years. As the principal shooter, editor, accountant, marketer, networker, and creative, Stepheny is all things to Black sheep.
She is also a wife, mother of two, happy non-profit volunteer, chief dog walker and pool person.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
Stepheny’s work has been featured on CNN and Arizona Illustrated. From Janet Napolitano, to Julio Iglesias to Larry McMurty, every client has elevated her craft, but none more than the 600 plus weddings she has filmed and edited over her career. Every wedding film brings new clients, new challenges and a brand new story. Every day is different, which is one of the many things she loves about being a filmmaker. She completed her first Same Day Edit in 2003, and has documented weddings everywhere from Jackson Hole, Wyoming to Vieques, Puerto Rico. Stepheny limits the number of weddings that she will contract yearly, and is selective regarding her clientele. She credits much of her success to her husband Alex, who was Black Sheep’s original second shooter/editor and business coach. His advice on money management, client negotiations and balancing work and life have made happiness and business success attainable. She has been a featured speaker at POSH, a retreat for female filmmakers, and has led discussions at the University of Arizona regarding video production and its future in all marketing. From ReFrame, to InFocus to POSH, Stepheny is a huge believer
in continuing education. The networking, technical skills and friendships that have come from these conferences have been invaluable to her.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
We are a renowned studio that specializes in event filmmaking. We create one of a kind wedding films that are engaging, modern, and chock full of “eye candy”Your wedding happens in a brief span of hours. All of the time, money and effort that went into that single day is over in a blur. Black Sheep Filmworks is your lifeline to that day.
We book one event per day. That’s it. No teams. No one showing up that isn’t fully invested in capturing the light, love and joy that will BE your wedding film. Stepheny and one of her ahhmazing second shooters will be there, filming those “once in a lifetime” moments and having a kick a** time with you and yours. A wedding film crafted by Black Sheep Filmworks will capture your day in site AND sound…it is the best investment for your wedding that you can make.
Telling your story, in your style, with every drop dead gorgeous detail is what we do. We believe every wedding deserves a great wedding film.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
Black sheep Filmworks' tends to book out about 9-12 months prior to the wedding date. We only book one event per day, so please contact us as soon as you have your date and venue confirmed.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We have numerous collections! Please contact us and we will help you find the best fit for you and your best day yet!
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
We book one event per day. That’s it. No one showing up that isn’t fully invested in capturing the light, love and joy that will BE your wedding film. Stepheny and one of her ahhmazing second shooters will be there, filming those “once in a lifetime” moments and having a kick a** time with you and yours. A wedding film crafted by Black Sheep Filmworks will capture your day in site AND sound…it is the best investment for your wedding that you can make.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Our travel charges vary depending upon travel time and distance. Please contact us and we will go over all the details. No travel fee is charged within the Tucson area.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
We believe redundancy is the key to keeping those memories secure. We have a triple back up system for all footage and audio recorded on the day. We normally archive footage for wedding clients until the flash drives are delivered, and/or everything is uploaded. If you need your footage archived for a longer amount of time, just ask, and we will make it happen!
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
Client's receive their wedding films within 12-16 weeks of the wedding, if they have filled out their pre-wedding questionnaire. We can't start editing until we have input! We need to know your fonts, colors, vendors, musical tastes...everything to make this wedding film just as unique as they are!
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
The retainer is non-refundable, as we are reserving that date for the client. The retainer may be re-applied to the client's rescheduled date, if the event is rescheduled within 60 days, and subject to Black Sheep FIlmworks' availability.