Videographers - Derek Carlson
- Business: D James Videography
- Location: Tucson, Arizona AZ
- Experience: 8 Years
- Profile: D James Videography
- Website: www.djamesvideography.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Ever since I picked up my Dad's camcorder when I was 8 years old, and discovered the power of visual storytelling -- I knew I had found my own love story. I want to tell your story, with depth and passion, and give you a beautiful way to remember one of the most special days of your life!
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
I've been filming weddings since 2012 and have captured over 200 weddings in Tucson, Phoenix and out-of-state!
3. How would you describe your videography style?
I capture a cinematic, timeless, and elegant wedding video. I like to feel out the style of the couple and the wedding and apply that to each of my films - so they're uniquely tailored to you.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
I recommend booking 6 months in advance, unless it's an October or April date which tends to fill up quickly!
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer 3 packages. The Elopement Package is a simple, short capturing of your ceremony and a little additional footage of the couple and venue. The Elegant Package is a full-day of coverage, up to 8 hours, with two videographers. You received a full wedding feature film and a teaser film - this option gives you the most coverage of the day. The Basic Package is a single videographer for 7 hours, and provides you with a 7-8 minute highlight film and full ceremony and speeches -- this is the MOST popular with my couples.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
Yes, I will be there on your day except in the situation where I've double booked and you wish to have me edit your film, I can higher out a crew that will capture the day for me. With just myself coming out to capture the day, I use 2 cameras for the ceremony and film the remainder of the day with one camera. With two videographers we use 4 cameras and cover the ceremony for more angles. We always capture in cinematic 4k.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
No travel charges are applied unless it's more than 50 miles outside Tucson, then we apply a $50 charge per 100 miles.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
I use triple back up of footage - I have two drives at my office I use - one is the project drive, one is a backup, and I use a cloud backup of the edited videos as well that I hold on to permanently. RAW footage is deleted 6 months after you receive your wedding film.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
The film for the basic package is 7-8 minutes, along with ceremony and speeches as a separate track. The feature film with the Elegant Package is 60+ minutes, depending on length of ceremony and speeches. The videos are delivered via DVD and online using Mediazilla which is a cloud based, password protected, media management site you can watch and download your videos from.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
The 25% deposit is non-refundable, any cancellations will be refunded for any reason prior to the wedding, minus the deposit.