1. Introduction: What's your story?
Diana started her wedding planning company in San Antonio so she could stay home with her children when they were “littles”. She had no idea that 30 years and nearly 600 weddings later, sending her brides down the aisle would still give her goosebumps! She believes the wedding planner’s mission is to gain the trust of each couple to alleviate the stress that often comes with wedding planning. It is integral to their relationship that the couple know their planner will “go to bat” for them in any and all situations. One of the greatest perks of being a wedding planner is constantly meeting wonderful new people. We have met some truly extraordinary couples! It is a joy for us to collaborate with a couple and their families to create the wedding weekend of their dreams. Each couple is unique and special to us and planning their wedding becomes personal to our team. It’s an honor to be such an integral part of such an important day in a couple’s life. And it’s a responsibility we do not take lightly. We look forward to keeping in touch with our brides and grooms long after their wedding day.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I began planning weddings in 1990 and have sent nearly 600 brides down the aisle!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer full service planning and a limited planned that may be booked up to a year in advance of the wedding.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
For our limited plan, All Bustled Up!, the fee is a flat rate of $3500.00.
Our full service plan is a combination of flat design and production fees as well as a percentage of vendor fees.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We have a five member team and, depending in the size and scope of the wedding, will have between two and five team members on-site for the wedding day.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I have a team that is able to cover for me, however, I've never missed a wedding yet!
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
For our limited All Bustled Up! plan, we meet with couples six times. Emails and phone calls are unlimited.
For our full service plan, there is no limit on meetings, phone calls, or emails.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Yes, regardless of the plan you choose with us, we proof read ALL printed materials before they are sent to print. With our full service plan, we offer the option of receiving the RSVPs and tracking the guest count.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes to all of the above. That is our main focus on wedding day. We work with ALL vendors, regardless of the plan our couples choose, in order to ensure a successful wedding day.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes, we create a detailed wedding weekend itinerary for all vendors and our couples. Drafts are created at least four months prior to the wedding and updated as needed. Experience. It's required for all of our vendors and we have many years in the business. Tardiness is not tolerated.