Planner - Shanna Parrott
- Business: Pink Parrott Weddings & Events
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida FL
- Experience: 1.5 Years
- Profile: Pink Parrott Weddings & Events
- Website: www.pinkparrott.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I'm Shanna Parrott, Owner and Lead Planner of Pink Parrott Weddings and Events, LLC. I've been in the corporate planning world for 30 years and when I turned 50 I decided I wanted to change careers. In December 2019 I felt the calling to switch to Wedding Planning because I could utilize my planning experience and organizational skills, while also getting to do more design work, have more of a personal connection with clients, and let's just state the facts... weddings are way more fun!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
As I mentioned above I've been in corporate planning for 30 years. While weddings are definitely a different animal as there are more pieces to put together and more sentiment involved, I've found that my impeccable organizational and planning skills have prepared me for this journey. I've done only a handful of weddings and some styled shoots (you can see my work in the pictures within this article) because I started just before Covid came, but they have been very successful and made me confident that I can create and execute these memorable events with a smooth flow and couples who don't have to worry about a thing.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We curate all of our packages to the needs of our clients. We offer three main packages: Wedding Management, Partial Planning, and Full Planning & Design. Whether you're at the very beginning of your planning adventure or only four months out before your big day our main goal is to ensure it is a stress-free process. We offer a free consultation with all three main packages.
We also have other event planning services like: bridal brunch/luncheons, bachelorette/bachelor parties, marriage proposals, romantic date nights, luxury picnics, birthday celebrations, anniversary parties, holiday events, and dog wedding attendant.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our payments are a flat fee payment.
Wedding Management sometimes referred to as "day of" or "month of" coordination in the industry, begins about three months before the wedding date because the fact is, day-of coordination is impossible. This service includes a few meetings to get to know the couple and their vision and get the info we need to execute their perfect day, a venue site visit, timeline creation, reviewing vendor contracts, rehearsal coordination, and wedding day coordination (event times, locations, processions of the wedding party, assistance in identifying locations for gift tables, décor (including favors), food, and florals, guest seating/table numbers/assignments, coordinating timeline with DJ (e.g., first dance(s), cake cutting, and breakdown/clean up.)
The second one is Partial Planning, which is everything included in Wedding Management, plus additional options such as (but not limited to) extra consultation meetings, budget planning, floor plan layouts, or extended hours on the wedding day.
And lastly, we offer Full Planning and Design. This is for the couple that needs all the help in planning and developing their vision, from start to finish, knowing every detail is taken care of by certified wedding planners. We coordinate all elements of the ceremony rehearsal, the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception for the wedding day.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Other than myself, I have an assistant that helps at each of our weddings. Adding more assistants will depend on guest count and how much is involved with setup for that particular wedding.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Luckily Jacksonville and Northeast Florida have a wonderful community of wedding planners who are ready to help and support each other. However, I have to say I rarely ever get sick, it has been that way my whole life. Not much else would stop me from being there and doing my job, but if the worst should happen, I have a list of amazing wedding pros ready.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
For all packages, we begin with a Kickoff Planning meeting within two weeks of contracting us to be your wedding planner. Additional meetings depend on the package:
Wedding Management - Three DETAILS meetings (~1 hrs ea)
Partial Planning - Three DETAILS meetings (~1 hrs ea) plus up to two additional meetings as needed.
Full Planning - Five Planning Meetings (~2 hrs each) plus Monthly Check-ins (~1 hr ea)
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
If you have any questions about invitation wording or ordering, we are definitely there to answer those questions.
If you need assistance with ordering/addressing/mailing/coordination, it is not included with our Wedding Management package, but certainly can be added to a Partial Planning package and is included with Full Planning.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, we do coordinate delivery, arrival, and set up times with each of the vendors for the wedding and include this info on the timelines, while also making sure everything goes to plan on the day of. As for handling rentals, it depends on the items/details and which package is chosen (Basically we will handle the setup and clean up of linens, tableware, and decor items but we cannot set up a tent, special lighting, or anything overly complex). If you need help selecting and ordering rentals, we can certainly assist you with that.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Oh, I love our timeline (and I think this sets us apart from others) - it's created for different phases: We have one for the couple, wedding party, and VIPs, then we have another one for just our vendors, and a third for our planners with ALL the nitty-gritty details!