1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi there! I'm Bekah Laine, owner of Bekah Laine Events. My interest in event planning started early through volunteer work with non-profits. Years later I would choose to leave my career as an Operations Manager and pursue my dream of owning my own business and becoming an event planner full time. Nearly 9 years later, we have an amazing team that I am so proud of and have been blessed to work with many amazing couples and their families. We are a process driven team that gets their cup filled by serving others.
We absolutely love what we do and believe it shows in the work we do every day with our clients!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Our team has completed over 100 events!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer month of coordination, partial-planning, and full service planning.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer a flat fee that can have minor increases due to guest count or other event complexities. We get bookings in all three categories but find our partial planning service to be the most popular recently! This package is the sweet spot between coordination and full-service and our client's love the flexibility it offers.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Erin and Nichelle are my two other lead planners on the team but we have other assistants and part-time leads as well which helps maintain a really strong group that provides great support to each other and our clients. We usually have 2 coordinators on site, increasing to 3 at a guest count of 175 or higher and as needed for larger guest counts.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Going back to our strong team setup, we always have backups. Another key factor for coverage for us is our processes. Our documents, files, and accesses are all set up in a way that anyone on our team could step in to run a wedding if needed without issue.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
This really depends on the level of service they've booked. For coordination we do an initial meeting then one more with a walkthrough prior to wedding day. For partial, our clients have 10 planning hours to be used at their discretion and they can schedule meetings as needed. For full service we typically meet once a month but it can be more or less depending on where we are in the planning process at that moment. We are very collaborative in the way we plan with our clients and are flexible enough to adapt to our clients individual needs.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Yes but these are not standard offerings in our packages and would be considered an add-on.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Absolutely! All of the above.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We are big on communication and believe it prevents so much confusion on the day of the event. We also have a collaborative approach with the vendor team, keeping us all on schedule but working with the vendors instead of bossing them around the whole time.
We send vendor timelines, layouts and other necessary information out prior to event day. We also send a wedding party timeline out that is customized for the family and wedding party so that they are also well informed and have our contact information in case they need it.