1. Introduction: What's your story?
I’m Christy, I am a Certified Wedding Planner, Wife, and Mom.
I founded Swank Soiree in 2004 while in California and love everything about weddings. I love the very thought of loving someone else so deeply that you can’t see living life without them in it. I love the private moments I get to witness between a father and son when Dad is beyond proud of the man he raised. I am passionate about what I do because I am also passionate about marriage.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have planned well over 150 weddings and at that point, can I be honest; we stopped counting!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
at Swank Soiree, I only offer Full-Service Wedding planning but I also own and operate our sister brand Plan The Pretty, which offers both Full Service and Month-Of Wedding Management.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We charge a flat rate fee and break the payments into 3 equal payments over the course of your planning.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I am the principal planner and always have two assistants planners on-site with me at each wedding, more when guest count or logistics warrant.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I have some trusted planners with equal experience and abilities that can step in at a moment's notice. In the 17 years that I have been planning, I have not missed a single wedding.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Our planning is unique in the fact that I don't have a maximum number of face-to-face, vendor, or phone meetings.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Yes, our services are 100% full-service planning, so that includes ordering, etiquette advice, stuff, stamp, seal, and mailing of the wedding invitations. RSVPs are mailed directly to us where we track and coordinate the guest list.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Because we only offer full service planning all vendor communication and coordination is included.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We create three versions of the timeline, one for the wedding party, one for the couple, and a production schedule for all of the vendors involved.