1. Introduction: What's your story?
I am Shaquarrius Calloway and I am the owner of Shaquarrius Calloway Events. I have always been a very organized person and love to help others get organized and manage their time efficiently. That led to me being the go to person for party planning for friends and family. I have always been a hopeless romantic who loves love. Cheesy, I know but true! I knew that I wanted to start my own business eventually and decided to bring my love of planning and my love of love together to start my wedding planning business. I started my business and haven't look back since.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I am still in the early stages of my wedding planning career. I have planned 5 weddings so far and have a bunch more coming up! So, I am super excited.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
I offer Coordination & Styling, Micro wedding planning, & Planning, Coordination, & Styling services.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I currently price out at a flat fee. The most popular package is the Coordination & Styling package.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I have assistants and there will be me and at least one assistant included in the packages. Additional assistants may be added on due to large guest counts and/or the scope of work.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I have a relationship with other planners who would be able to take my place as well as my assistants that can take my place if needed.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
We will have 4 meeting together. The first one is the initial consultation. The second one is a kick-off call after you are booked to go over expectations and answer questions. The third meeting is the 30 day walkthrough of your ceremony and reception space. The fourth is the rehearsal day then we are all set for wedding day!
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Yes, I can handle invitations, mailing, guest list coordination and RSVPs.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, I will coordinate with every vendor included on your big day and coordinate all delivery and setup times with them as well.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes, I create a master timeline of the entire day that includes everything that you can think of as well as little more that you haven't thought of. I will be there to make sure that the schedule is adhered to.