1. Introduction: What's your story?
Twenty two years ago when I started my event planning business Elias Events, that particular industry did not exist, well in the way that it does now. There wasn’t degree plans or reality shows or the popularity it has garnered, especially in the past 10 years. When I started, I was at a cross roads in life, I new that I didn’t want to become a doctor (even after the many years of study and work dedicated to that effort) and was searching for something that would ignite a new passion in me. I was chairman of senior prom in high school and freshman dance in college and LOVED planning things. I took a very big chance and decided to start my own business, initially only planning weddings. Since then, I have planned hundreds of amazing weddings, but also events of all types in locations across the world. I am extremely passionate about the industry and speak frequently on new trends and ideas related to innovations in the industry.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
My experience as a wedding planner is rather extensive with 23 years in the business and over a 100 weddings planned, many of which have won national awards and acclaim for their style and uniqueness.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Full Service Coordination
Full service packages offer complete aesthetic direction and styling coupled with logistical management and planning for every aspect of your event. Starting with an in depth design meeting and ending with a full day of coordination, and allows you to enjoy the process while Elias Events handle all of the small, yet important details. We will be with you every step of the way from the initial brainstorming sessions, to cake and flowers, to fonts and flatware and to your final exit goodbye. This level of service includes complete selection and management of your entire vendor team, full event design, and all the details in between.
Below are a few services this includes:
All-Inclusive wedding planning & coordination
Itineraries & scheduling for all your special details
Bridal consultations & support
Creation of a planning time line, budgets
Consultation on event design and styling
Vendor liaison and Management
Comprehensive event production schedule and timeline
Customized vendor recommendations
Entire event management including rehearsal
Destination weddings design and management
Because every wedding is unique, Elias Events will design a custom bespoke package which specifically meets the services you require. After a complimentary consultation, you will be given a detailed proposal outlining the cost of the services.
Full Service Packages start at $4500.
This service offers a supportive aspect to couples who want to arrange many aspects of their wedding, but require a united effort in creating an unforgettable event. With this service you will receive professional, full management of your day. Because these services are not as extensive as a planning package that covers all the planning from beginning to end, we will be working with the information you provide to formulate a master plan for the entire wedding day. About a month before your wedding day, we’ll sit down and go over all of the details of your day, troubleshoot any things that you may not have spoken about and develop your timeline.
Pricing start at $1500.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We work on a flat fee method with full coordination being the most popular package.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I have an event assistant that works with me on all my weddings. Between the two of us we have over 35 years experience in the industry.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Assistant will be able to take care of the wedding.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
In the full service package, there any unlimited meetings and they will be involved to whatever extent they wish to be.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Yes to all.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes to all.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes, this is a necessity and we will coordinate every detail from the rehearsal to the final goodbyes.