1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello! I am Shayna Sturgis owner and head planner at Beautifully Designed Events. My love for weddings started 7 years ago when I became a hostess for a few weddings back to back. These weddings did not have a planner and I saw it all going downhill and I jumped right in to help like it was second nature. Later I decided to take a wedding planning course at Penn Foster got my certification and because a Association of Bridal Consultants member. Here I am years later still doing what I absolutely love. Not only do I help in planning but I also do decor and I can officiate. I love everything wedding and events, it is my passion. I look forward to servicing you in the near future.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have over 5 years of planning and organizing weddings and events. I took my time to study the craft and shadowed a dozen weddings before jumping right into my own. I have planned and successfully executed over 50 weddings and events.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
The services I do offer is : Month of coordination (day of) Full Service planning, Decor and officiant services.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Payments with Beautifully Designed Events are a flat fee. Our most common package is our full planning plus decor.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I have 3-4 people that work with me on an event. Size and complexity of the event is a factor on how many will be scheduled.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
If I am sick I have personal relationships with planners around the city and I also have a staff that is fully capable of getting the job done just as if I was there. No need to worry.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Through the course of full service wedding planning package we will have our initial meeting which will outline everything you want and need for your wedding at the time of contract. Details such as color scheme, number of bridal party, what vendors are needed, guest count, etc. All vendors are selected by the couple but we bring a variety of potentials to choose from and if you have some in mind already. All of your vendor meetings Beautifully Designed will be there with you every step of the way to assist in making the right selections. After all of our vendors are selected we will meet for details, and a final meeting 30 days before the event.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Beautifully Designed does handle invitations, from wording, ordering, addressing and mailing can be handled by us if the couple would like us to do that we definitely will as well as handle RSVPs and guest list coordination.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We handle all vendor coordination, we handle detailed timelines, task list and all vendor communication. We also handle rentals.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes we create detailed timelines so everyone is on time and know what’s going on. We also do follow ups with vendors 2 weeks and 1 week before to make sure everyone is on the same page as well as send timelines to all vendors involved