1. Introduction: What's your story?
Alexa Sharkey is committed to making a wedding day an elevated expression of her client's love story.
As Owner and Creative Director of Alexa Kay Events, she has devoted her passion, kindness, and grace to the art of wedding planning. Her keen level of detail and enthusiastic guidance are etched in every personalized moment.
Beyond the beauty of an event, Alexa is a concierge to her clientele as she orchestrates events with seamless time management, resourcefulness, and polish. An avid athlete, Alexa brings a finely-honed skill set to her work, combining determination and a team-oriented approach in her planning philosophy: keep calm under pressure and finesse each winning element.
Alexa's own serendipitous love story with her grade school soccer teammate reinforces her romantic spirit, reminding her that anything is possible! Originally from Chicago, Alexa has planted her roots in Fort Worth, Texas, with her husband and two miniature Aussies. From vineyard visits in Napa to skiing the slopes of Park City, her creativity is fueled by fresh air and new experiences.
Alexa continues to be inspired by her clients while leading them to turn fond wedding day memories into unforgettable marriages.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Alexa Kay Events is a full-service wedding planning and design studio. Producing elevated, stylish events at destinations across the country, they are known for their compassion, creativity, and expertise.
Never shying away from a challenge, they flawlessly guide couples through the planning process with calming ease. Alexa Kay Event’s heart and joyous spirit are present in every elegant celebration they customize for their clients.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Alexa Kay Events is a full-service wedding planning and design studio.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We work off of a percentage-based pricing model.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We do not give an exact number of day of attendees because it all depends on the scope of the event.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
We do not like to put a number on meetings. Every one of our clients is different on how involved they want to be in the process. We treat everything on a case-by-case basis to give you the attention you deserve.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We like to partner with local vendors to help with this piece. We will help guide you through this process and step in where needed.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Our team handles all logistics of the day for all vendors.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We always create a comprehensive timeline for all vendors and everyone involved on the wedding day!