1. Introduction: What's your story?
Kristeen LaBrot-Widmyer is a luxury wedding planner based in Southern California. Equipped with a strong sense of style, she loves mixing bold and unique designs with traditional elements. Having planned over 200 weddings, she’s mastered the art of creating unique events. The couples she works with love her relaxed approach when guiding the planning and design process, creating a fun and stress-free experience.
For over 20 years, she’s planned intimate social affairs, including celebrity weddings, as well as large-scale events for clients in the entertainment industry. Her work has been featured on prestigious wedding blogs such as Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes and Inside Weddings and also by magazines including California Wedding Day, The Knot, Town & Country, US Weekly and The Hollywood Reporter. She is a 4-time winner of “Best Wedding Planner: Los Angeles” in California Wedding Day's Best of Awards (2014, 2015, 2017 and 2019).
Kristeen received her degree in Advertising and Art History from the University of Florida. She lives in Valley Village with her husband Dennis, her son Weston and her 3 cats: Oliver, Max and Murphy.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I've been planning weddings since 2008. I have done over 250.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
I offer Full Service planning as well as Event Design services.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I am a flat fee. I started out offering Month of, Partial and Full Service planning but I only offer Full Service now.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I have a few part time staffers that help with the event weekend. The day to day planning is done by me. The number of staff at the wedding depends on the venue, guest count, etc.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I have lead planners that would be able to take my notes and run the entire day. I keep all of my documents in a space that is viewable by my team.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
They get an unlimited amount of meetings. I deal with the day to day contact with the vendors but they get full say on who they would like to hire and what it will look like.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
If they would like me to, we can include in their package. I do invitation design so some couples have me do the entire process.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes and yes.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes. I pad my timelines so nothing major is impacted if we are running a little behind.