1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi! I'm Angie, I love designing, singing, and coffee. I'm also a huge wine fanatic - red, white, I love it all! I have a degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing from the University of Maryland University College.
I've been planning events for over a decade and started out as a corporate event planner for Mitsubishi Corporation. I've traveled nationwide and have planned events in Las Vegas and Scottsdale to Orlando and many cities in between.
I started this company because I have a huge passion for helping others and I love the process of bringing a creative vision to life. When I first meet with clients, usually the first words out of their mouths are "I'm so stressed!." This is heartbreaking! I want to take the "stress" out of event planning and designing and make it fun, relaxed and intentional. You should be excited about your special event, not filled with anxiety. This is why having a planner (or Visioneer, as we like to call them) is so crucial.
My favorite part of planning events is getting to know my clients and their style and creating a design that encompasses their vision (not mine). Each event is unique and different and tells a different story.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I started planning weddings after working as a corporate planner for several years. I have been planning weddings in Nashville for the past 4 years and have executed hundreds of weddings in central Tennessee.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We currently offer Partial planning and Full Service planning. We also offer bachelorette planning through our sister company Velourette.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We charge a flat fee for partial and full planning services. Our most popular package is our Luxury full planning package that includes planning and coordination of 1 additional event (rehearsal, welcome party, post-wedding brunch, etc.)
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We currently have seven team members on our team. Staff attendance at wedding is based on guest count. We typically have 1 team member per 25 guests.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I have never been sick or missed a wedding (*knock on wood), however, if I was unable to make a wedding I have multiple team members that could be there in my place and execute flawlessly. Each member of my team is a permanent employee that has worked with me at events in the past. We do not have temporary employees or "temp staffing" at our weddings. All team members must have shadowed at least one event before becoming a staff member of our team.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
It depends on the level of planning services that are booked. For Partial Planning, we offer 4 meetings and for Full Service Planning we offer 15 meetings. Each planning package begins with an Initial Planning & Design Meeting to get things kicked off.
Partial Planning -
includes Initial Planning meeting, Vendor of Choice meeting (typically florals or rentals), 90 Day Meeting and 30 Day meeting
Full Planning -
15 meetings starting with Initial Planning, vendor meetings as needed, periodic check in calls and meetings, 90 Day, and 30 Day meetings.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Yes we can. We typically use a professional local stationer that can handle addressing and mailing. Guest list coordination and RSVP's we do assist with but do not take ownership as our clients are more familiar with their guests and names so it is more streamlined. We have received requests to handle RSVPs and have done this in the past but we feel it is more efficient for the client to handle guest communication.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes we handle rentals and all coordination of delivery and times for each vendor that is booked.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes we handle timeline creation, coordination and communication with all vendors. We are also there on the day of the event to execute and assure the timing is efficient and streamlined.