Planner - Lisa Pleasant
- Business: Lisa Pleasant Events
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina NC
- Experience: 11 Years
- Profile: Lisa Pleasant Events
- Website: www.lisapleasant.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
I'm Lisa, founder and one of our lead planners here at LP Events. I love backpacking, Broadways, anything bubbly, and singing, but traveling anywhere new is always my happy place. :)
After going to school for economics, Spanish, and mathematical finance, I happened to fall into the club promotion and planning business and found it to be THE perfect fit. :) I have always thrived in math, logistics, organization, and details, so planning events was a natural and easy fit. Weddings, as I quickly found, were where I thrived most.
All of us here have an extremely organized approach to planning, but also have so much fun with our couples! We love getting to know the people that we work with well and making each event something extraordinarily special. And when we gain new lasting friendships in the process it's always a bonus! ;) We can't wait to help create the start of your story together!
Lisa & Team
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
We have planned hundreds of weddings over the years. We started off in 2010 and have continued to grow steadily. We are currently a team of 6 planners with various backgrounds and experiences who carefully handle each event with the attention it deserves.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer partial planning, full planning, and anything in between.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our most popular packages are our partial planning, which is a flat fee, and our full planning. Our full planners have different pricing structures, which gives you the flexibility of choosing who to work with. Some are flat fees and some are on a gratuity basis.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We have 6 lead planners, some of whom do partial planning only, some of whom do full planning only, and some of whom offer both services. We always have at least one of our amazing assistants on the day of the wedding as well.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
The beauty of having a larger team of planners is that we have backups. We have only had this happen once with a family tragedy, but because we are all organized in the exact same way, one of our other planners was able to step in and find right where everything was, go over things with the family to assure them that she understood everything, and execute the wedding perfectly.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
This depends on the couple and what package the would like. With partial planning, we will typically have 2-3 meetings, plus the rehearsal and wedding day, and some other calls and Zoom meetings in between those. Full planning of course involves a lot more, so it is very dependant on the couple and the event.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
While we do handle helping with the design of the invitations, we do not have a service to keep track of RSVP's.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes. We coordinate timing with all of your vendors regardless of the package you go with. With full planning we handle every detail with rentals, are the main point of contact, and make any changes necessary as we go. With partial planning, we advise you on what you need from rentals then allow you to place the order and make any changes along the way. In the end, however, we still come back to review the order and go over any changes we see that need to be made.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We do this as early as our very first meeting, which usually takes place within a week or so of booking. We make this timeline available to family members and your wedding party as early as they want it, but also go over things at the rehearsal in case someone did not read it so that everyone is where they need to be the following day.