1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello! I’m Melinda, owner of Bliss Events & Co. located in Louisville, KY. I specialize in destination weddings and will help plan as well as travel anywhere in the world. My career in the wedding world began in 2009 where I started as a wedding photographer. Over the years I have evolved into being a wedding planner and travel agent. It gives me so much joy to help couples plan their special day and ensure their vision is brought to life.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
About 10 years ago I entered the world of wedding planning. For the 10 years prior to that I was a wedding photographer which I learned the skills of creating stress free timelines. 3 years ago I became a travel agent to be able to fully service every aspect of my clients wedding experience. I have planned hundreds of weddings. Many in Louisville and several in Santorini, Italy, Costa Rica, Bahamas, and Mexico.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Our basic packages offered are full planning, partial planning, and month of coordination. Every package is completely customizable to each clients needs and wants.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our packages begin with a flat rate and then customized based on guest count, scale of wedding, staff needed, etc. Planning begins at $3000 for coordination/planning packages. Travel services such as weddings, honeymoons, hotel accommodations for guests are all complimentary.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Staffing is determined on the size of the wedding and what staff is needed. We can adapt to any environment to ensure your day is a stress free success!
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
We have a team of planners always available to jump in if needed due to an emergency. It’s also helpful to have last minute hands available as well to be ready for the unexpected.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
We don’t really have a set limit on how many meetings you can have with us. We want to be readily available and want our couples to feel comfortable throughout the planning process.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Help with invites, guest list, etc can always be added on to any package.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We can certainly help put together a rental list as well as source the items from locally owned businesses. Each vendor hired for the wedding is given a very detailed timeline so that everyone is on the same page.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Our timelines are very detailed to include all aspects of the day so that the vendors & wedding party know what to expect. In addition to that we are there the entire day to make sure the day flows smoothly and to take care of any hiccups that may occur.