1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi I'm McKenna Shano owner and designer at McKenna Katherine Weddings. I’ve always had a deep passion for planning, I believe that every wedding day deserves to be special. With this philosophy in mind, I founded McKenna Katherine Weddings. My team works day and night to guarantee that your celebration will be filled with unforgettable moments. I was taught early on in my career that customer service is the key to every successful event. I promise to give my clients the wedding of their dreams and the special day that all their guests will rave about. I have always been obsessed with being organized and my creativity will make your event unique and best yet, totally stress-free. Making forever memories and keeping in mind your personal style is my forte.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I absolutely love my job, I truly could not have hand picked a better career for me. Everyday I wake up truly in awe of the clients I get to work with and the industry I am in, it is truly a job that means so much to me getting to be apart of someones day that they will remember for the rest of their lives is truly something special. I have planned over 150 weddings in my 6 years in the wedding industry.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer 3 types of services as well as give our couples the option to customize their own. We offer Full Service Planning, Partial Service Planning, and Day of Coordinator Services.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our payment is split up into two different payments 50% up front and 50% a month before their wedding, this is build into their overall wedding budget.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Our team is built up of 3 junior planners and myself. Depending on the wedding size and moving parts is how we decide how many people from our team will be present on the wedding day.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
We work with a team so one of our team members would take our plans for day of and execute them if that were to happen.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Depending on the package they select determines the in person meetings we would have. We have a 24/7 communication line for our couples to be able to reach us no matter what package they choose.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We do not handle those items, and we have based our pricing accordingly.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We handle all vendors day of including rentals. This includes their set up and their strike times.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We create a schedule to keep our couples on track and we touch base with them often to make sure those items have been completed if not when they will be completed.