Photographer - Nicole Chan
- Business: Nicole Chan Photo & Video
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts MA
- Experience: 10 Years
- Photography Types: Advertising, Engagements, Family, Weddings
- Website: nicolechanphotography.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
I started my career in management consulting because I loved creative problem-solving, analytical thinking, and working on a team towards a goal. I made the switch into wedding photography because I love being able to help couples remember important moments on their wedding day. I'm a great listener and I enjoy understanding what couples are most excited about for a wedding day so that I can help memorialize that for generations to come. My style is photojournalistic, moment-based, and timeless.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I've been a Boston wedding photographer since 2010 and since then, have photographed over 400 weddings. I started mentoring under several different photography studios while working full time as a management consultant for one of the largest management consultancy firms in the world.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
My photography style is photojournalistic, effortlessly romantic, and timeless. Family is very important to me, and so are the moments that unfold when we are around them. Much of my focus is on moments because I feel that one of the best parts of my job is to be able to preserve them for generations to come.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
Popular weekends such as Memorial Day, Columbus Day, and Veterans day get booked up 12-24 months in advance. Saturdays between May-October are the most popular wedding days in Boston. I always suggest that if couples are looking for a Saturday wedding, to book vendors as soon as possible. Often, "timeline guides" are not helpful, because for vendors who can only service one wedding per day (photographers, officiants, bands, etc.) it's important to get on their calendar sooner rather than later.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
My most popular collection includes:
- Full day coverage with two photographers
- Reveal Party three weeks after your wedding where our team will show you a cinematic premiere of all of your wedding photographs and you can relive your entire wedding day over again
- Custom retouching for each individual images, and the personal rights to all of your photographs
- Heirloom Leather Wedding Album, with a custom design that we will design together
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Yes, I will be the wedding photographer photographing on the wedding day. We have a team of supporting photographers, videographers, editors, and studio assistance that will help to make sure that your day is as flawless as possible.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
There are no travel fees for weddings in the Greater Boston area. Destination wedding packages are customized upon request and we often create custom collections for those couples, which include multi-day coverage. Our team has traveled to 60+ countries to photograph!
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Yes, albums are included in most collections.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
We invite you back into our studio three weeks after your wedding for you Reveal Party and Design Consultation. Sit back, relax, and watch a cinematic premiere of all of your wedding photographs and relive your entire day again! Afterwards, we'll help you select your favorite photographs and design your wedding album and wall art.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
All payments are considered non-refundable retainers. We'd be happy to walk you through our wedding contract.