1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Heidi Duncan and I am the founder and chief photographer for Heidi Schoeffler Photography. My love for photography began in high school which prompted me to pursue my Bachelor's of Science in Photography degree at the University of Central Missouri in 2005. I then started my own photography business, specializing in weddings in 2010. I expanded my specialties and added boudoir photography in 2018 and have recently opened up a luxury boudoir studio here in Wichita, KS.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I have been photographing weddings since 2006 and have photographed over 200 weddings.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
My photography style is more candid with a journalistic style. I lean more towards "dark and moody" with my primary focus being on dramatic lighting, both natural and professional lighting.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
I highly recommend booking your wedding photographer almost immediately after your engagement. Most photographers book out a year to a year and a half in advance.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer several different packages starting at $2500. My most popular package is the Premier Collection valued at $3449.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
I am the chief photographer that will be shooting on your wedding day. My second photographer is primarily my husband, as we are a husband and wife team. If my husband is unavailable I have several other photographer associates that would be my second photographer.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
I only charge a travel fee if the wedding is outside of the Kansas and Arkansas area. The travel fee covers any necessary air fare, hotel, gas mileage, etc. Travel fees vary per situation.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Albums are included in most packages as well as credits for print purchases.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
Most couples receive their images within two weeks of their wedding date. I deliver an online gallery that they can share with family and friends. I also provide the clients with a USB drive with all of their custom edited images and a print release.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Deposits are non-refundable. At the time clients book their date, I reserve the date and times agreed upon, and do not make any other reservations or accept any other clients for their wedding date and time. For this reason, in the event that the Client(s) cancels the contract for any reason, all monies paid shall be retained in order to offset loss of business.