Planner - Jessica Tung
- Business: Wichita Coordination
- Location: Wichita, Kansas KS
- Experience: 2 Years
- Profile: Wichita Coordination
- Website: www.wichitacoordination.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I'm Jessica! I own Wichita Coordination and lead an amazing team of women who passionately serve our couples. I never intended to enter the wedding industry, but while I was planning my own wedding I realized there was a need for unique coordination options in my area. I threw up a landing page with a coordination package and an inquiry button to see what would happen, and I've never looked back! Now almost 2 years later, we've been blessed by a growing business, a phenomenal team, and the best clients ever! We love serving couples who are passionate about their marriage and making purposeful, intentional choices for their wedding days.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
By the end of 2022 we'll have planned or coordinated more than 60 weddings in less than 2 years!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer full-service coordination. Our clients need more than month-of coordination but not quite partial or full-service planning--they're unique in that they love planning their wedding and want to do the majority of decision-making independently, but they also want to be informed and have an industry pro to lean on! Our package fits their specific needs by offering complete support as they plan, meetings throughout their engagement to keep details organized and to help with planning, and taking over every aspect of the wedding day so they can enjoy it with their loved ones without any stress.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our specialty is our coordination service! It's a flat fee for each couple (plus travel fees when applicable). We require a 50% deposit to book us with the other 50% due on the wedding day, but we also have payment plans available for those who request them!
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We currently have 9 amazing coordinators on staff. We always send at least 2 to each wedding to ensure that we can be hands-on and take care of every detail! For instance, if one coordinator needs to solve a problem with the venue or caterer, the other can keep working on setup or be with the couple.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
The beauty of having a large team is that we always have other trusted coordinators available if your scheduled coordinators have an emergency on the day of your wedding. We have a system for tracking all of your information and wedding details so that any emergency staff rescheduling can be handled without a hitch!
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Our coordination service includes 3 meetings during the planning process, a venue walkthrough, a final meeting, and ceremony rehearsal coordination. However, we love to hear from our couples and strongly encourage them to check in with us regularly to get any help they need and to update us as their wedding plans evolve! We love weekly or biweekly texts and emails, and we'll check in with our couples if we haven't heard from them in a while. We're also always available to help with emergencies should any planning issues arise.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Our clients handle invitations and guest correspondence! We can help with that if they opt to use one of their meetings towards that cause.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We have a small tabletop rental inventory, but we work frequently and closely with some amazing rental companies in our area! We always coordinate delivery times, vendor arrivals, and timelines with each vendor the month and week of weddings to make sure all the vendors are on the same page and have everything they need! We strongly believe that couples are served best when their vendors work as a team, and that work begins before the wedding day. As coordinators, it's our job to make sure that communication happens!
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Making timelines and information sheets is one of our favorite things to do. We make a very detailed day-of or weekend-of timeline for each couple, complete with the information relevant to their families, bridal parties, and all their other vendors such as delivery times, photo times, and so on. We work on those documents with our couples from day one and share them with vendors the month of weddings (along with an email highlighting the most important times and pieces of information) so everyone knows when and where they need to be.