Videographers - Josh Gerber
- Business: Gerber Videography
- Location: Wichita, Kansas KS
- Experience: 5 Years
- Profile: Gerber Videography
- Website: www.gerbervideography.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi I'm Josh Gerber and I am the owner of Gerber Videography and Reign Productions! Originally I didn't know that I wanted to be in weddings or wedding videography until I was asked to do a personal friends wedding! I loved being behind the scenes and be able to use all of my capabilities to capture everything! over the following winter I purchased many courses on weddings, creating a story and growing my personal business in my own town. I looked more into it and I noticed that there weren't many people doing video. I quickly reached deep into videography and learned everything there was to know. I became a commercial drone pilot, created my own brand, and invested in high-end cameras. From there I have been perfecting my craft and creating unique pieces for all my clients.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
As of right now, 2021 was my official year that my brand started. I have done around 8 weddings professionally but I have done multiple weddings for friends and family.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
My style would be moody colors with deep greens and warm colors. I tend to lead to a more cinematic storyline and create a sort of timeline highlighting all of the important events of the day. I love movement and motion and I take that and slow it down to create a smooth and beautiful view. Although I do get the occasional bride that has a challenge for a video that they would love to see and that is always a welcoming challenge that helps myself develop my skill.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
Although it is different for everyone and when their date is but I would recommend at most a year out but I have had couples book a year and a half out. My fall dates are the busiest so I would recommend getting those well in advance. I typically run by the theme of better early than late.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
As of right now I offer a Basic Package that includes all of the essentials, 10 hours of coverage, drone footage, audio recording and a 7 minute film. From there my couples can make small adjustments and alter their package and create a custom package to their wedding making it perfect for them and their budget.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
I will always be the main man on the camera the day of their wedding unless I am in the hospital completely unable to hold a camera. if I need a second shooter I will bring them for no extra cost. I have at least 2 cameras that can be operated simultaniously so all the angles will be covered.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
If their wedding is over 1 hour from my office location then I may include a fuel fee but unless it is out of state I don't typically have a travel fee. Of course all fees will be discussed with the client and made aware of.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
All of my footage is moved from the SD cards used that day, to my high speed internal hard drive then to a large high speed external hard drive server where all the footage is kept for an upwards of 3 months after their wedding but all final wedding films will be kept forever.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
The time it takes to receive your final wedding film will be dependent on how many weddings I have that month as well as how busy I get from other projects. I typically say 3 to 5 weeks but can all be depended upon external circumstances.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellation and Refunds are fully acceptable but the deposit is non-refundable. If a couple wants to reschedule or needs a refund then they have until one week before their original wedding date to let me know. Of course we can discuss the finer details if that is so required.