Hair & Makeup Artist - Sonali & Shikha Chaturvedi
- Business: Glam Set Go
- Location: Sterling, Virginia VA
- Experience: 1 Year
- Website: glamsetgo.me
1. Introduction: What's your story?
She is passionate about helping other women achieve the same success no matter what their circumstances, and knows that feeling and looking beautiful are all part of the process. So whether it’s that quintessential no-makeup makeup look or full-coverage glam, she believes that every woman should feel beautiful in their own unique way.
Shikha makes it her obligation to inspire and empower all the women she meets – showing that you don’t have to give up your beauty to make time for your hustle.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
Starting in 2020 to 2021, Glam Set Go has been apart of 148 weddings.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Currently, Glam Set Go is focused on bridal and group services. Each package is customized to the clients specific needs. Each package comes with complimentary lashes, eye treatments, lip kits, hair products, and champagne!
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
The Glam Set Go team is dedicated to making every event as special as possible. Their large team of professional makeup artists will be ready for any and all occasions.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
There is no travel fee for locations within 30 miles of GlamSpace (Sterling, Virgina).
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Glam Set Go requests that anyone who books an appointment must have a trial 60 to 90 days before their wedding.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
Glam Set Go uses ShikSona beauty, Sonali and Shikha's own line of high end lipsticks and glosses, and Balmain Hair Care.
The team is open to using the brides makeup.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
A wedding makeup application requires proper skin prep and set combined with highly pigmented color products, especially lipstick, in order to wow your guests all day long and look great in professional wedding photography.
1) Use a foundation primer such as Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth and Blur-- this will ensure a smooth surface for your foundation that will maximize its wear-time.
2) Opting for a matte-finish versus dewy in foundation and powder products will provide a smoother appearance in professional photos and last longer throughout the day.
3) Choosing highly pigmented color products in lipstick will give your overall makeup look long wear ability, as well as look incredible in photos. Brighter lipstick shades can be daunting but can offer many benefits to a wedding day makeup. ShikSona's hydrating formula not only feels great on lips but is long-wearing and offers a popping color selection that looks great on all skin tones.
4) Setting spray is a must to seal in your finished makeup look. Liberally apply Smashbox Photo Finish Setting Spray Weightless all over the face to lock in your look all day.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
It depends on the bridal requests and number of clients participating in the package.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Group appointments can not be cancelled, however the deposit can be applied to future services. A no-show will be charged the complete price for the scheduled service(s).