Hair & Makeup Artist - Jessica Lara
- Business: JessLBeauty Makeup & Hair
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas TX
- Experience: 5 Years
- Profile: JessLBeauty Makeup & Hair
- Website: www.jesslbeauty.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello, I’m Jessica Lara, founder and lead makeup & hair artist at JessLBeauty Makeup & Hair. My love for hair and makeup started when I was in 6th grade. I was the only 6th grader with a wing eyeliner. I would be the one they would go to for the blue eye shadow! I would always do my friends and families makeup for homecoming and events. Years later, my husband built me a vanity desk with the Hollywood lights on it, that I got inspired again to start creating looks. I decided to post on Instagram and on the app OfferUp, my first client was a quincenera and her mom. They are still to this day my loyal clients. Last year I did her prom look! How time flies. Now I specialize in bridal hair and makeup. I love to enhance my clients natural beauty and make them feel beautiful and comfortable in their own skin!
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I love being part of my brides special day, each and everyone has their own style and charisma. With their choice of vail to the lip color. Every lady makes their day their own. I can honestly say I have more than a hundred brides under my belt. All with beauty that is indescribable.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer both traditional makeup and airbrush makeup packages with bridal hairstyling. Also right now the Hollywood waves for brides is very popular.
I also cater to my desi brides, they use traditional garments with dupatta and tikkas on their head. We cater to all types of brides and cultural backgrounds.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
JessLBeauty Makeup & Hair has a team of 2 hair stylist and 2 makeup artists. Not including myself that works specifically on the brides and mother’s makeup and hair. I like for my Brides to rest assured that if anything were to happen, I personally train my artists, so they would be taken care of God willing something happened to me.
We cater to large bridal parties with ease with a calculated timeline made precisely for them.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We are traveling artists that commute together in one vehicle to long distant weddings. So I charge one travel fee for our clients to have that luxury experience on-site at their venue or home. The travel fee is usually $25 travel fee per 15 miles. This covers our mileage expense as well as our loading and unloading fee as we bring our own lighting and chairs to every on site location.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Bridal trials or previews are optional, but highly recommend. With a trial it gives my brides a first look of what they will look like on their wedding day. Which who wouldn’t want! Also they are great for our first encounter, makes the wedding day that much more special, feels like your best friend is doing your makeup on wedding day! I love to give my brides recommendations for facials and certain items pertaining to each client.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I use high end products like Laura Mercier, Temptu, Charlotte Tilbury, Mac Pro and Nars. Those are just some of the favorites in my kit. I would not be opposed to using a brides products if she had some kind of skin issue or absolutely loved the way she looked in her own products. That’s why I highly recommend my brides to have a trial, so we can talk about skin and products.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Every bride is different, so you have to cater to each ladies skin type and prep with care. The way that you prep and set a makeup application will define the longevity of their makeup. I think over all airbrush makeup is the most long lasting. Although, I have quite a bit of reviews that say their traditional makeup lasted all night until brunch the next day!
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
A bridal party makeup application will take 35-45 minutes. With a brides makeup application it typically takes 60-75 minutes based on their eye look and application type.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We know planning a wedding around a pandemic is extremely stressful. That being said, I give 60 days to elaborate the details for your bridal party. More details of our cancellation policy can be found on website Jesslbeauty.com thank you for your business.