1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi y'all, I'm Codie LePors, founder and lead artist with Makeup ATX. I began my career 20 years ago... when brows were super thin, chunky highlights were the trend, and jeans were riding low. I worked for MAC Cosmetics for over 13 years, giving me lots of amazing opportunities, training, and also introduced me to some of my closest friends and colleagues. In 2017 I left the company to pursue my dreams of owning my own company. Besides being your #1 hype girl - my goal for myself and my team is to give a "bff" experience, for the client to feel comfortable to communicate to their artist, and of course looking and feeling ahh-mazing. My team consists of some of the most talented artists around. I have known and worked with them for over 10 years. We share the same trainings, estetic, and professionalism.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
My team and I have done hundreds of weddings, consisting of all ages, cultures, skin colors, you name it we have done it. Coming from many years of experience we cater to all types of requests to beauty, glam, and editorial.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our most popular package for brides is the "ATX Bride" package. This includes a hair and makeup trial, and day of hair/makeup. Airbrush and lashes are optional but are included.
We also offer Make up only and Hair only packages.
The Bridal Party package includes hair/makeup for day of. We also offer a la carte options. Check out more services at https://www.makeupatx.com/makeupatxinfoservices
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
The amount of artists that come to assist - is determined by the amount of services contracted for the day. The lead artist for your special day will be the artist that you trialed with. We require at least 5 hours for every 7 services. If you are on a time crunch, you may request for an additional artist/artists for an additional fee. We send out timelines and tips for day of - to our brides/planners prior to the big day. Emergencies are handled on a case by case situation. If the lead artist is unable to perform services on the day of - a member of Makeup ATX will be provided.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Inside Austin City limits requires a fee of $25 per artist /parking may be applicable. Any location outside Austin City limits requires a Travel fee of $1/per mile and artist. Destination weddings/ long commute events will be handled case by case.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Absolutely! We highly suggest getting a trial. This is the best time to get to know your artist and work out any kinks that may occur during the trial.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We provide all types/brands of products. Some of our favorites are IT Cosmetics, Dior, Temptu, Tarte, Scott Barnes, Charlotte Tilbury.... just to name a few. If there is a product/products that are a must from our brides - we are totally fine using them.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Depending on your skin type/concern we customize each look to cater to the brides needs - to ensure long lasting results. We provide final touch ups, and a mini touch up kit for the bride.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup only for the bride - takes one hour on average, and forty five mins on average - for the bridal party. We stay until we are completed with all services. At the bride's request - we may stay longer for an additional fee.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
The paid retainer to any contract is non refundable. Refunds are handled on an individual basis.