1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Lauren Paglionico, I am the founder of Lrn Beauty a hair salon-fused-art collective located in West Chelsea, New York. I began working in the beauty industry when I was 14 years old. Although I no longer perform wedding services as I run my salon full time, I have assembled an expert team of the most in-demand hairstylists and makeup artists in NYC.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
With over 20 years experience in the beauty industry I have seen many trends come and go. Timeless and classic bridal beauty never goes out of style. With a team of over 12 artist together we have well over 100 brides in our portfolio.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer two packages, both are equally popular as they cater to both small and large parties.
The VIP 3: (Bride plus 2) This includes both hair and makeup for the bride and 2 others and one complimentary hour of touch ups.
Group package: For parties of 10 or more we offer a 10% discount.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
It is such an honor to be a part of any brides day! Ensuring a seamless and unforgettable beauty experience is most important to us. In the event one of our artists are unavailable we have a backup on hand.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
The talent of the LRN Beauty bridal team has a loyal following of international clients. We have worked weddings in Mexico, Bahamas, and Italy to name a few. There is no destination we won't go to! Each travel fee is customized per party depending on their needs.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
We highly recommend all of our brides to have a trial before their wedding. This is the time for you to share your vision with the artist and get a glimpse of how you will look on your wedding day.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
Each artist has their own kit which includes mainstream and luxury brands like Tom Ford, Charlotte Tilbury, Makeup Forever, NARS, YSL etc/. We are of course open to a bride using her own makeup especially if she has sensitive skin.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
The only thing you should be touching up on your wedding day is your lipstick! Bridal beauty is more involved than any other hair or makeup. Each service has more emphasis and is designed not to budge on the day of your wedding. Certain primers and setting sprays are created for long where an made to keep everything in place.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Each makeup application takes 45-60 minutes. Touch ups are additional and begin once the artist has finished their last service.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
A $250 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your wedding date. Cancellation/refund policy's are custom for each party depending on location.