1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello I’m Erica “The Glamatician “ Cox, owner of The Glamatician Studio & creator of th Foundation Under The Foundation Beauty events. I started doing makeup about 15 years ago at retail store in downtown Chicago. I later moved back to my hometown here in memphis where I enrolled in school to become a licensed esthetician. I’ve been licensed now for 12 years and I currently specialize in skin treatments, waxing and special occasion makeup. I am also an instructor at a local Medical Aesthetics School here in the city. I am very passionate about beauty enhancement, I simply love to make people look & feel beautiful.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have about 10 years of experience in bridal makeup. I have over 15 brides in my portfolio.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Right now I offer a $175 package for my brides which includes the trial run.
I also have a add on of a touch up kit for $40
Bridesmaids makeup prices are based on looks such as Soft Glam & Full Glam.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
Yes I do have a team of 3 other Artist that I work with. In any event of an emergency or if I’m sick deposits are refundable and the bride still would have the option to book any member of my team if they would like.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
I do charge a travel fee of $25 for local in the Memphis area. Long distance would be priced deposing mileage.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes all brides are encouraged to book trial runs but it can be optional. A bride can book as many trial runs as she feel is needed.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I use products such as Cover FX, Nars, Marc Jacobs, ABH, Lime Life by Alcone and many other high end brands. I am definitely open to brides bringing their own makeup if they would prefer.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
I try to make sure the brides makeup is done last closer to start time of pictures or wedding. I do use awesome setting spray to help hold the look as well. I always advise them to put on gloss for touch up before reception starts.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup time depends on size of the party. Could be anywhere 3 to 5 hours. I will only stay until makeup is completed on bride and party unless I’m hired for touch ups after start time.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
No Refunds on deposits if canceled by client. Only refundable if I cancel.