1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Milena, the founder and beauty educator at Elite Makeup Artistry and newly opened Ambiance Makeup Studio.
My passion for beauty started from an early age, as my mom always worked at upscale and luxury beauty salons as a hairstylist. I had hours to watch her and her colleagues create beautiful masterpieces for different events, weddings, video clips and photoshoots.
In the United States, I started my career as a banker, shortly after I fully dedicated myself to the beauty industry, which has been the decision I ever made.
Here I am 6 years later, living my dream life. I meet the most amazing people every day and help them achieve their desired image, whether it's for their wedding, birthday, first date. I enjoy helping women of all ages to work on their skills applying makeup.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
When I started my makeup career, I clearly knew that the wedding industry is the one I want to specialize in. I have over 300 brides in my portfolio.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
At Elite Makeup Artistry, we are all about transparency. Our prices don't change per package. We have a set price for each service, whether you book just for yourself or the entire bridal party.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
Yes, our official team members are myself and my hairstylist Anna.
We have a range of talented artists we work with, when we have large parties.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Our travel fee is a custom quote and is unique for each wedding. Travel fee covers fuel, drive time, vehicle wear/tear, setup and cleanup times.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
We offer preview for all hair & makeup services. The artists you get on your wedding day are the ones who completed the preview.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use the highest quality makeup and skin products, such as Bobbi Brown, Dior, Charlotte Tilbury, Gucci, Natasha Denona, Viseart to name a few.
We only use bride's makeup products, when we are sure it won't counteract with the rest of the products.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
The bridal image looks good in the photos, only when you get services from a real professional, who have a clear understanding of how photography works. Luxury makeup and skin products, years of experience with different skin types, texture and a perceptive application of makeup are key for a beautiful photo. For example, if you use any product that has an SPF in it, photos with flash will come out with the shade of white.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
The bridal makeup application takes 1 hour and 15 minutes and we can stay as long as the bride requests. Please see services with touch up hours.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Due to high demand, all payments are final.