1. Introduction: What's your story?
I have been behind the chair for 18 years now, I absolutely love everything about being a stylist, my favorite part is meeting brides and becoming part of their special day. I have spent years driving far and wide, styling brides and their entourage. Whether it be just a bride or an entire bridal party, hair or makeup or both, I am ready!
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
18 years experience, of course back when I was traveling all over doing bridal hair social media wasn't a thing, I wish I had a picture of every bride styled by me, however I am learning now and rebuilding means I capture every moment.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I have a package at a set price which is more suitable for in salon styling.
My traveling package is set at an hourly rate.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
Although I am an independent stylist, I am part of the wedding team in the salon at M Salon, this works great for any large occasion that requires more than one stylist and allows us to assist eachother, It the case of sickness or an emergency their will be someone available to assist.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Yes, depending on the distance their will be an extra charge with the hourly rate. In some cases this may include accommodation, on day of trial all information us written down and a quote is given.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Absolutely, I usually do both hair and makeup trials together, In some occasions I have had brides book only for makeup where a trial was done before the wedding, again I cater to the needs of all brides whether it be hair & makeup or just hair or just makeup.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I use a variety of brands, MAC, NARS, Morphe, Kryolan and Tarte. This is what we test during a trial to find out what works and feels better on the skin. I would be open to the bride using her own makeup if it strictly was to her being allergic to certain brands and in that instance I would recommend her using what works and is safer for her to use.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Proper steps taken into prepping her skin with the correct products,and a good finishing setting spray.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
I usually spend 40 - 45 min on a look, and I have had some brides request that I wait till they are dressed for touch ups.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
I require at least a week notice for cancellation. There is no refund policy as funds are only due on day of.