1. Introduction: What's your story?
Almost every client asks me how I got into doing hair and makeup and the answer is pretty simple. As an artist I have always loved faces. While at art school my portfolio was compiled of different aspects of the face. So naturally I gravitated towards a career in makeup that allowed me to to help women feel beautiful but also express my art. Growing up, my mom always did hair styling which inspired me to attend hair school. There I learned my craft and developed a passion for hair styling as well.
By combining my two passions of makeup and hair styling, I was able to enter the industry that embraced both of them...and me...with both arms. As a free lance hair and makeup artist I had the opportunity to move to Los Angeles. I attended a top makeup school and was mentored by the most talented artist in the makeup industry. From there I moved back to my home state of Oklahoma where I have established the most trusted business in bridal hair and makeup services.
When I am not doing hair and makeup for one of my amazing clients you will probably find me hanging out with my favorite people! My favorite people include my husband, our 3 boys, and 5 dogs. Let me tell you, they all have a ton of energy! So we love to hike, paddle board, go to the lake as a family. Between work and home life it is always busy and exciting, and I would t change a thing about it.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I am a seasoned hair and makeup artist on weddings. I don’t know the exact number, but I have been blessed to be a part of hundreds of weddings. I have traveled all over the USA for classes on hair and makeup so I can constantly be grow as an artist and bring only the best services to my brides!
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I don’t do separate packages for my brides. I have set prices for any and all services.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
I am the lead artist on any wedding booked through Ashley Tolman Beauty. I have a number of talented artist I work with in my local industry that I hire to work with me when extra artists are needed.
Being sick? No, no, you don’t get to be sick! Jk, but seriously, I always inform my clients if I am feeling under the weather. I will never leave a bride hanging, I have worked through being sick due to the request to still be there, and as an artist in the industry I feel that is a huge part of my job. Dependability no matter what.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Yes! I charge a fee for anything 15 miles or further from my home office. I charge for there and back, as well as any other artist I have hired that day.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes! I always do trials before the big day. It gives a whole other level of co gory for the bride to know exactly what to expect for her hair and makeup on her big day.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I use a large range of professional products to be able to do any face. If a bride has a request to use something specific or hers, I always accommodate that.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
I have a number or tips I pass along to my brides. Pat don’t wipe, use the back of their hand for itches or anything due there being less oils on the back of the hand, and refrain from touching their face, along with a few others.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup usually takes me 45 minutes to an hour. I stay until our set time on our contract, usually after the bride and any touch ups are done. I will stay for after the ceremony for a fee.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
I have a non-refundable retainer fee to secure the date. That is only refundable in the case of me cancelling.