Hair & Makeup Artist - Katie O'Neil
- Business: Collective Beauty
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina NC
- Experience: 20 Years
- Profile: Collective Beauty
- Website: www.collectivebeauty.co
1. Introduction: What's your story?
HI, Katie here owner and artist at Collective Beauty (formerly Glow Beauty Charlotte). I'm just a girl who loves makeup and helping others look and feel their best. My position as a Regional Makeup Artist for Chanel brought me to the Carolinas from South Florida. After seeing a growing need for bridal hair and makeup artists, I worked on several local teams before starting my own bridal hair and makeup team. During the week you'll find me transforming eyebrows and lashes, as a licensed aesthetician, at my permanent makeup studio. There's nothing like helping women and men feel their most confident.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
Over the course of the the 20+ years that I have been servicing brides and their attendants, I would estimate that I've completed more than 350 weddings. While I am a licensed aesthetician, I have never taken a formal hair or makeup training and am completely self taught !
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Pricing is per person receiving services and ranges from $100-$230. We have a Saturday booking minimum of $1200.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
Collective Beauty is a small but skilled team of hair and makeup artists. The amount of services and timing will dictate how many people will be on-site completing services. We provide a day of schedule in advance of the wedding and maintain communication from booking services to completion of services.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Our travel services are calculated at $60 per hour within 2.5 hours of Charlotte.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Trials are available and are a separate fee from our bridal contract.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We supply all makeup and hair products, using a variety of professional brands. If someone has a specific product they would like to use, they can supply that on the day-of.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
From prepping the skin before application, to using the best products, our team has all the tools and skills to keep brides looking amazing.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
A stand alone makeup or hair service can take between 30-45 minutes. Artists are on-site while completing services and can be contracted to stay longer upon request.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We require a 30% non-refundable deposit to contract services with our team. There are no refunds.