1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi! I'm Hilary Embry, and I have been in the wedding industry for over 15 years. I am the owner of Halcyon Studio, where I have a group of talented hair stylists, makeup artists, and skincare specialists who can't wait to be a part of your big day!
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have been doing hair and makeup for weddings since 2005. I have worked with brides all over the country and I love being part of such a special day!
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
My services are all a la carte, so that brides can choose what works best for them. I offer a variety of hair and makeup services that can be booked alone or along with salon services (cuts, colors, etc) to fully prepare the bride and bridal party for the wedding.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
I work with a team of artists, and we can help determine how many will be needed based on the size of your wedding party and the timing for your day. I am proud to say that I have never had to cancel on a wedding last minute. If for some reason an emergency were to come up, I would make sure to find a reliable artist to take my place for the day.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Travel fees are dependent on location, group size, and wedding date.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes! I always recommend a trial appointment prior to the wedding. This helps ensure that the artist(s) and the bride are on the same page for the wedding day.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I use a variety of professional products that have been tested for long lasting wearability and a beautiful finish both in person and in photos. Because of this, I prefer to use my own products so that I can guarantee the best results.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
The products I use have been tested to ensure the wedding makeup will last all day and look good both in photos and in person.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour per person, and I will stay until I have completed the last person's hair or makeup. I am available to stay throughout the ceremony for an additional fee.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Any cancellations made more than 90 days before the wedding day will receive a full refund, minus the non refundable deposit.