1. Introduction: What's your story?
Ashley & Kelly met in 2007 while they were students at William Jewell College in Liberty, MO.
While Ashley played basketball and Kelly was on the dance team, they became friends while they were members of the Delta Zeta sorority.
Although their academic and athletic endeavors led them on different paths, they continued to stay friends after college. Ashley and Kelly opened Posh KC in 2015. Ashley is the current owner, while Kelly is still a devoted client :)
Ashley received her undergraduate degrees from William Jewell in 2011 in Political Science and History.
After graduating from Jewell, Ashley continued her education as a third-generation legacy at the University of Kansas School of Law
where she earned her JD in 2014. Ashley spent three years interning in the athletic compliance department at the University of Missouri – Kansas City while in law school. Ashley’s hobbies include traveling and she is a loyal follower of KU Basketball.
She is the mom of the Posh KC Poms mascots, George Penny and Pablo.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
We truly love what we do and our work shows that. Our staff has been doing hair & make up in the wedding industry from 3 years - 10 years. Its truly something special to be apart of such a big day in someones life.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Bridal package of $400. Includes bridal trial hair & make up, Rehearsal or engagement hair & make up and day off hair & make up.
Rent our space - $2,000. Includes full salon for hair & make up for 6 plus the bride, catered in breakfast or lunch, and mimosas.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
We have a team or 10-12 at all times. We split up our weddings accordingly based on times/location/ and number in the party. If for any reason someone was sick or unable to show up we have a full team able to jump in and save the day.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Yes! There is a travel fee for anything outside a 10 mile radius of our salon in Downtown, KC.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes, and yes. Trials are optional, but we do always recommended a trial before hand so the bride can truly know what she wants and to meet her artists for day of.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We carry the Jane Iredale line, which is an all natural line that photographs really well. It is mineral based with no talc, which is great for photography, and great for sensitive skin types since it is so clean.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
We offer bridal touch up kits to all of our brides. We highly recommend a kit or a powder and lip for touch ups day of.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Make up for the bride is typically 30-45 minutes depending on the look. We stay till all the ladies and bride are complete. :)
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made three (3) weeks prior to your reserved date or you will be responsible for the amount of services agreed upon. For cancellations due to COVID, 75% of deposit will be returned or the deposit minus a trial if have already had one with the Bridal Package. Times & Services: Times and services must be confirmed 30 days in advance. Changes can occur within 30 days only if available. Changes made on day of will result in a $25 charge per service.