1. Introduction: What's your story?
In 2014, while working in the drug policy office at The White House during the Obama Administration, Cameron Hardesty realized she was longing for creativity in her life. She started volunteering in The White House flower shop, learning floral design from the Chief Floral Designer, Laura Dowling.
Then Cameron went all in, leaving her job to join a major floral startup as the Head of Products. In just four years, she helped them build their supply chain and scale to become one of the largest e-commerce floral gifting companies.
During this time, Cameron also managed the florals for her own wedding, causing her to realize that an antiquated supply chain made wedding flowers more expensive than they had to be. She wanted to change that, so Poppy Flowers was born.
2. What's your experience as a wedding florist business? How many weddings are in there in your portfolio?
Poppy Flowers was founded in January 2020. When covid hit, all weddings were postponed or cancelled, so Poppy pivoted to launch an at home floral DIY kit. The company executed 97 weddings by the end of 2020.
3. How far in advance do couples need to secure your services?
2 weeks for the DC area, but 12 weeks nationwide.
4. How do you price your floral arrangements? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our pricing is entirely custom to the couple, and our innovative business model enables us to work without a minimum. For reference, a custom bridal bouquet + boutonniere starts at ~$200.
5. How many meetings will you have with the couple, and how will they be involved?
How it Works — for all weddings, regardless of size, location, or budget.
1. DISCOVER YOUR STYLE
Take our easy Style Quiz to help us understand your wedding flower needs and preferences. Our team will use this to build your custom proposal with transparent pricing.
2. CUSTOMIZE YOUR FLOWERS
Work 1-on-1 with our team to edit your proposal. Once you’ve saved the date with us, you’ll be paired with a highly vetted, local florist from the Poppy Designer Network that fits your style, needs, and vision.
3. PAY ON YOUR TIMELINE
Pay upfront or in installments. Then sit back and relax *stress-free*, as our team manages all the details with your Poppy Designer to bring your special day to life.
6. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We currently have 70 designers nationally in the Poppy Designer Network, and the number of florists at your wedding will be determined by the need.
7. How would you describe your design style? (e.g. traditional, modern, rustic, organic)
We don't have a "design style" — our flowers are customized to your taste, traditions, and budget.
8. Who will handle setup and delivery? What other services do you offer?
Your local Poppy Designer will deliver and install your flowers on your wedding day.
9. What happens to the flowers after the wedding?
You can choose to donate them.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We are flexible and work on a case-by-case scenario.