Planner - Eddie Fam
- Business: IMPACT Collective
- Location: Washington DC, District of Columbia DC
- Experience: 20+ Years
- Profile: IMPACT Collective
- Website: impactcollective.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Eddie Fam began his career at George Mason University where he booked The Roots for his first music festival. In 2000, he signed the band SEV to a record deal with Jimmy Iovine and Geffen Records. This landed them a commercial for Pepsi Blue which aired during the MTV Music Video Awards. In 2001, Fam helped raise $1 million for vulnerable children in Egypt. In 2005, Eddie was selected as a US Delegate for Bono’s ONE Campaign to “end poverty” at the G8 Summit. In 2009, he humbly launched IMPACT inside of a Panera Bread. His greatest passion is serving as Founder of Meant 2 Live Foundation which has impacted 2,500 impoverished youth in Washington, DC, Virginia, and Zambia. Following, Fam launched Splendor to inspire communities living in poverty, prisons, and addictions through the universal power of music.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Over 2000 weddings planned!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer destination wedding planning, month-of coordination, day-of coordination, full-service planning and partial-service planning.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer flat fees for our services. We offer destination wedding planning, month-of coordination, day-of coordination, full-service planning and partial-service planning packages.
Currently, our most popular packages are full-service weddings and destination weddings!
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We are a team of 9 passionate event planners! We usually have 2 planners at each wedding.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Our dream team always have each other's backs! Whatever happens, we are ready to offer our help.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
On top of monthly Zoom meetings, we give them access to our project management software so they can see the progress every step of the way!
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Whatever our clients need we are here to help them. Invitations, wording, guest list coordination,...you name it, at IMPACT Collective, we can make everything happen.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Although we do not offer rentals, we are more than happy to coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager. Plus, we love meeting other vendors!
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We provide a complete run of show with a detailed timeline to all the vendors for every event.
A week prior to the big day, we call every vendor to confirm important details such as day-of contact and arrival times.