1. Introduction: What's your story?
Alina Karaman is a makeup artist and hair stylist, serving Washington, DC/VA/MD areas on-site. Wedding, grooming, corporate, evening, red carpet, TV makeup and hair is her specialty. Named as one of the best places for wedding hair and makeup in DC by CBS DC, also a freelance artist for Turner Network (CNN) - 2013-2018, and FOX News - since 2017 to current
Alina's goal is to make you feel beautiful on your special day - wedding, engagement, event or photo shoot - you name it. Your makeup and hair will last, and you will feel and look great!
No party is too big or too small for us! If it's only you who has services done, or 10 guests - Alina and her team will accommodate the most demanding requests. When Alina is not available, her main stylists are working with brides, trained by Alina and working alongside on all weddings with her!
Alina has worked on numerous weddings, and publishing's such as Inside Counsel, Washington Life, I am Modern, Global Women Magazine, Ca Va, B-52 (Ukraine), and Tuning (Ukraine). In addition, she has worked for many events, including the Kennedy Center Honor Awards in 2012 and the White House Correspondents Dinner in 2011 and 2012. Names one of the best in Washington, DC by Expertise.com (2022 updated)
Please check Alina's portfolios, because pictures are worth a thousand words. For the latest work in live stream please follow Alina's Instagram account alinagkar or search by #MakeupAndHairByAlinaKaraman #MakeupByAlinaKaraman #HairByAlinaKaraman
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
Alina Karaman worked with hundreds of brides and experienced with both makeup and hair services
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We work with any size of a party
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
We have a team of stylists, that's why we are able to accommodate multiple events in one day. Since we have artists, any artist is replaced, if sick
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Travel fee applies, if the client is further than 30 miles from us. All artists are located in different cities, so the quote is individually calculated
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Trial is recommended
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We prefer not to use bride's makeup because we are not sure about its quality
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
We are professionals that know what looks great on photos, it's a lot of experience and there is no "one for all" solution, it's all custom
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
30 min to 1 hr; we are leaving the party after we are done unless other arrangement is booked
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellation policy is described in any contract; generally speaking, funds are refundable in full up to 90 days ahead of the wedding