Planner - Veronica O'Donnell
- Business: Veronica Rose Wedding & Event Planning
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin WI
- Experience: 10+ Years
- Profile: Veronica Rose Wedding & Event Planning
- Website: www.veronicaroseplanning.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I'm Veronica, owner and lead planner at Veronica Rose Wedding & Event Planning. I have a background in culinary arts, and spent 10+ years exploring every facet of the catering industry. Through my work in catering, I fell in love with weddings and found what really gave me purpose: being there for couples on their big day. I like to say that my creative outlet is timelines and spreadsheets, and my passion is helping couples, their families, and friends all enjoy the day, hassle-free.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have worked at dozens of venues around the Greater Milwaukee Area ranging from common wedding venues to non-traditional venues (e.g. family farms, private homes, etc.). Since opening Veronica Rose Wedding & Event Planning over four years ago, I have planned over 100 weddings.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer Month-of Coordination (in lieu of exclusive Day-of Coordination), Partial Planning, and Full-Service packages. We also design custom packages to meet your needs and budget. With our Month-of package, we are available to consult throughout the process, with the bulk of our hands-on involvement occurring in the 6-8 weeks leading up to and including your big day (e.g. vendor coordination, rehearsal, and day-of coordination). We develop Partial Planning, and Full-Service packages that include additional services depending on your needs.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We require a 50% deposit at booking with the balance due 2 weeks before the wedding date. Our Month-of planning is the most popular package, starting at $900. Partial Planning packages typically start at $1,200, and Full-Service packages start at $1,500.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Our team currently consists of me, Veronica, and two assistant planners, Sarah and Kim, and a social media coordinator, Brenda. We have at least two people at your wedding, but can accommodate additional staffing , as needed.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
My assistant planners are involved in and kept updated on all details leading up to your wedding day. If something prevents me from attending your wedding, you will be in good hands. I'm proud to say I haven't missed a wedding day in my four years (and counting) in business.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Our process begins with a free consultation. With our popular Month-of package, our services center on the 6-8 weeks leading up to your big day, with the bulk happening between your rehearsal and wedding day. I attend and coordinate your rehearsal, and on the day-of we arrive before your photographer, coordinate the details, assist with troubleshooting (e.g. dress steaming, button sewing, aspirin, etc.), the ceremony, venue set-up, vendors, reception details, and end-of-night wrap-up. After booking, we are also available by email/phone through your entire planning process. We provide vendor recommendations, vendor contract consultation, and etiquette advice. I share a robust list of vendors that I have heavily vetted through my years of experience. You take the lead on contacting and hiring vendors. Basically we are a sounding board for anything that arises in your unique planning experience, and allow you to be totally hands-off on your wedding day. Partial and Full-Service packages include additional services.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We give advice on etiquette and invitations, and offer invitation and organizational templates. You handle the invitations and guest list management.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, we handle all month-of vendor coordination. We also frequently organize and source linens. My favorite post-rehearsal activity is napkin folding.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
At our meeting 6-8 weeks before your wedding day, we build a simple timeline to get to wedding day, including a detailed but easy-read itinerary for all involved in the wedding day. That timelines helps everyone know where to be and when to be there. There are no rules in wedding planning, and we don't subscribe to a one-size-fits-all playbook. We aim to be easy to work with, to help with all your organizational tasks, and help everything run smoothly. We also help ensure everything on the day-of timeline gets done.