1. Introduction: What's your story?
Kate and Sophia met as separate business owners with a mutual respect and admiration for the quality and business ethics each possesses. Their relationship naturally progressed to more of an ongoing collaboration rather than competition. As time went on, they came to the realization that not only did they share goals, but they embodied ideal leadership qualities, similar but distinctive artistry styles, and maintained a high level of work ethic. It was then, over a bottle of wine, they decided to embark on a new endeavor together, making the experience of ‘getting ready’ an enthralling memory you won’t soon forget.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
As a company we have done over 2000 weddings in the last 10 years.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer fully inclusive packaging... no one likes A La Carte right? Our most popular is by far having us do both makeup and hair. But we also come on site to do one or the other.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
Our team consists of 40 artists in Wisconsin, Illinois and Tennessee.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Travel is purely based on how far you are getting ready from the main city.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
We are determined that the best way to have a fantastic wedding experience is to do a trial We wont actually go into contract without doing one. It is included in our pricing
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use professional grade products not often accessible to the general public. If the client is allergic to something they know of we can for sure have them bring their own mascara etc as an example. But for sanitation purposes we need to use our products
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Its why a professional is hired. The products used are totally different than consumer products. Know how something photographs is 80% of the job.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
We plan for 30 minutes per services. The client can pay hourly to have us stay longer if requested.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
This agreement will continue until completion of the services, unless terminated earlier by the bride upon 120 days advance written notice. Should the Bride terminate this Contract prior to the end of the term upon 120 days advance notice, the Vendor shall be entitled to retain the non-refundable retainer, and the Bride shall also be responsible for paying for any services that would have been performed within the 120-day notice period, plus all unpaid reimbursable expenses
Notwithstanding the previous paragraph, if the bride intentionally or repeatedly do not abide by these terms, and the situation is not resolved within 10 days of receiving written notification from The Bridal Beauty Team LLC, the vendor reserves the right to end the project immediately.
For reschedules due to Act of God, Vendor will make reasonable efforts to accommodate a rescheduled date with the Bride. In the event Vendor and Bride are able to mutually agree upon a rescheduled date all funds paid by Bride up to that point shall be applied to the rescheduled date. If the mutually-agreed rescheduled date is more than six months from the original wedding date, a reschedule fee will be applied and due at the time of reschedule. In the event Vendor is unable to accommodate the Bride’s requested reschedule date, the contract shall be deemed impracticable, all funds paid become the property of Vendor (subject to the foregoing notice language herein), and both parties are relieved from any further performance.