1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello, I'm Christa, owner and lead planner at Christa Graham Weddings & Events. I started my business in 2017, but have been planning both large and small events since I was in college in the early 2000s! I knew that wedding planning was my passion when I came home so energized from my first wedding that I couldn’t go to sleep. After working a 12-hour day, you'd think I'd just want to sleep it off, but no, I was ready to plan the next one!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I am now in my 5th year as a wedding planner and I am planning more and more weddings each year! While I do focus on weddings, I have also helped plan community events, fundraisers, and birthday parties.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
I offer Full Service Planning, Partial Planning, Wedding Day Management, Elopement Planning, & a variety of add-on services that will help make your special day as stress-free as possible!
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
All packages have a flat-rate cost. 50% is due at the time of booking and the final 50% is due 30 days before your wedding date. You will see an itemized invoice with your contract before making a commitment. The Partial Planning package is the most popular option!
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I have several assistants that I work with regularly. Usually, I will be onsite with one assistant, but I may require more depending on how many moving pieces there are to your wedding.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
If I am unable to complete the duties on your wedding day, I will have my assistants complete the work. If they are unable to fill in for me, I have several wedding planners that I can call on to get the job done!
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
For Full & Partial Planning clients, expect to meet roughly once per month. For Management clients, we will only meet once, about 4-6 weeks prior to your wedding date. During these meetings, we will have specific items to discuss. If you are required to bring anything to the meetings, I will let you know ahead of time.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
I am always happy to answer questions and suggest wording for invitations, but coordinating the addressing, mailing, and RSVPs is not part of the package. It is available as an add-on service, however! I like to customize each package so you get exactly what you need!
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
I will coordinate all your vendors from the initial consultation to the final timeline. All payments, however, are made directly from you to each vendor.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes, the timeline is one of my favorite things to create! It takes all the planning we've done and puts it into a nice tidy schedule for everyone to follow. I will create a custom version for each vendor, your VIPs (wedding party), and even your guests if you'd like. I will share the final timeline the Monday before your wedding so everyone is on the same page. Of course, I will be onsite on your wedding day to make sure everyone is following the schedule and to gently remind them if any items are left undone.