Hair & Makeup Artist - Melissa Bolyard
- Business: Melissa Ann Artistry + Co
- Location: Pewaukee, Wisconsin WI
- Experience: 10+ Years
- Profile: Melissa Ann Artistry + Co
- Website: www.muamelissaann.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I am Melissa owner and makeup artist of Melissa Ann Artistry + Co. I have been a professional makeup artist and business owner for over 20 years. I grew up in, Waukesha Wisconsin. and was a Business Major in college. Wanting to be my own boss, I set out to be an entrepreneur. With a natural talent with makeup, it was clear what, I needed to do.
I began my beauty career as a makeup consultant for Clinique in 1997. From there I continued my artistry work not only as a solo makeup artist but occasionally a featured artist for leading cosmetics brands such as: Lancôme, Clarins, Estee Lauder, M.A.C., and Bobbie Brown. I am certified in Airbrushing, Brow Lamination, and Creative Makeup Artistry. Having a career, I love so much is something I am very grateful for. It's not just the art I love, but the clients I work with. What can I say, I'm a people person!
My career has brought me to many places and given me the opportunity to work with so many fantastic people. Destination weddings, celebrity work and style shoots have allowed me to go beyond my creativity. Published and mentioned within Premier Bride and Wisconsin Bride Magazine on a few occasions, has me deeply humbled. You can find my company within the TheKnot, WeddingWire and other platforms. This journey has been amazing.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have been in the wedding industry since early 2000s. I personally have hundreds of brides in my portfolio. As a team thousands.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer both hair and makeup packages, as a bridal group and just bride packages. Most couples choice the group package, because they usually have more than one person requesting beauty services.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
Melissa Ann Artistry + Co., consists of not only myself, but a group of makeup and hair professionals. Your beauty team for your day, depends on how large your wedding party is and the beauty services requested. We always have staff on standby incase of any emergencies, where any artist or stylists needs to be replaced. We never leave a Bride unattended!
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We travel and are available for destination weddings. Typically we charge $1.00 a mile, for each stylist required for your day.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes. We recommend scheduling a trial 3-4 months before your wedding day.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use a collection of top beauty products. We are open to a bride using her own makeup, however the cost is not discounted for services.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
We use professional beauty products that have already a longevity to their use. However we always use primers and setting sprays to help makeup last and look great in photos!
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup usually takes about 45 minutes for a bride and 35 minutes for other attendees in the group. We stay until everyone is finished, in our timeline. We can stay longer after any 1st look, ceremony etc., for additional cost.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellation policy is a $150 cancellation fee at any time. If an event is canceled 60 days or less 100% of invoice.