1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, we're Beth Murray and Kimberley Vines owners and planners at Two Girls in Pearls Events. Funny story about how we got our name...in 2015, we volunteered to chair a fundraiser for a local women's group we belong to. At that time we really didn't know each other very well, but this fundraiser takes almost a year to plan. Kimberley had been doing corporate events and wedding planning (as Bellisimma Occasions), and I had spent years planning fundraising events and corporate events. We decided to make the theme a classic brunch with little black dresses and pearls (think Audrey Hepburn who we both love). We wore black and pearls for the better part of the year as we talked to sponsors and auction donors. About a month before the event took place, Kimberley approached me and said, " I think we need to merge our talents. I even have a name..." and Two Girls in Pearls was born.
We love all things weddings and have a passion for making our brides' special day the most seamless day it can be. These sweet women come to us with amazing visions, and we really strive to help them put what they have on paper come to life. Wedding Planning is based on building a personal relationship with our clients, and we have built some incredible friendships over the years.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Kimberley has over 20 years in wedding planning all over the world, and I have been planning weddings for 5 years. My background was in corporate planning before we started our business. We have literally lost count of how many weddings we have done. Kimberley and I have done close to 100 as a team. We have planned weddings together in France, Boston, Florida, and of course all over Texas.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer Full Service, Partial Planning, Destination Wedding Planning and Event Coordination and Management services.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We charge a flat fee based price. We base our pricing on the unique needs of our clients. Every bride has different needs, so we have a range we work within. Our most popular package is Full Planning, and we love working with our brides from Day One. All of our packages are inclusive of Event Coordination and Management.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
There are two of us who are professional planners, but we do have an associate who steps in if we need her assistance. There will be at least 2 of us at each wedding.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
The beauty of having 2 of us is that one of us is always there to cover! If we are both unavailable (which has never happened) we thoroughly train our assistants in the processes we use.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
That depends on which package they select.
With Full Planning, meetings are unlimited! We will also schedule and attend meetings with vendors with our clients so that we are in the loop as far as what is discussed.
With Partial Planning, we will have as many meetings as needed, but it always starts with an in depth planning session to help us determine where they are in their planning and to really make sure we understand our couple's vision.
For Event Coordination and Management we will have 2- 3 meetings prior to wedding day. The first one is that in depth planning session, followed by a check in meeting around 30 days before the wedding and a final meeting 10 days-2 weeks out from wedding day. We also offer unlimited emails, text and phone communications during business hours.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We can do anything our client needs, including design services for their invitation suite, assistance with proper wording and can handle the mailing and tracking of RSVPs with our Full Planning Package or as an add on service with Partial Planning or Event Coordination and Management.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We do all of that! A large part of our job in the weeks leading up to the wedding is coordinating delivery, arrival and setup times with all of the vendors. We even work with the musical entertainment and photography/videography services to create a timeline that we all think will work best on wedding day.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We always create a timeline for the wedding day (even the day before if needed). Our client approves the final timeline before we distribute it to vendors and anyone else who might need it.
We are very good at keeping people on schedule through excellent communication skills. We also tell our brides that this timeline is more like a guideline rather than a strict minute by minute mandatory timeline. We always ask our client if they are ready to do the next item on the timeline (first dance, toasts, etc.), and if they are not quite ready we wait until they are and communicate that with the DJ and photographers.
There are times our brides have even decided they didn't want to do something on the timeline the day of the wedding (especially garter tosses). If we run a little behind, we like to think of it like flying on a plane...any lost time will be made up in the air.